Okay Ladies and Gentlemen at request to GardenGrove I am going to post some pictures not really the best in exact detail but pictures none the less of the new case. I went with this case because I was not getting the temperatures I wanted with the Cosmos RC1000. While it is a worth the money case being tool less,aluminum and steel, with a lot of space for HDD's and CD/DVD/BLU drives it just was not what I wanted. I love this new case because it had the fan power for great air circulation, easy removable drive bays and I had a better understanding how to do the cable management this time around. Only con I have with it is that I wish it had a vent on the bottom where the PSU is so it can get fresh air from the outside and not trying to compete with the vid card for air. I did manage to shave off a few degrees from the comp. While the idle is still 43c on my E8500 wolfdale I am now maxing out on everest 47-49 from the 49-52 I was getting on the cosmos. I am happy with that its not like it could be any lower. It could be the cooler I have but I am happy with my Thermaltake V1.
( I will not be returning the case as planned because my mother wants to buy it off me for 100 bucks to build her a comp out of spare parts I have from previous builds.)
As you can see I use the other side of the case to manage all the cables or most of them away from other side to maximize the amount of air flow.
Here you can see that there is not as much clutter except on the bottom which is where I have my SATA drive so the air from the bottom fan hits it directly. It will have a hard time going all the way into the case because of the non-used PSU cables on the bottom but its is okay. Also on the second picture you see a bracket. Well that is to add another fan to push more air towards with your vid card or CPU. It can be removes from the tray to another tray, vise versa. I am not using it ATM since I have no need to. I think I would hardly see a difference on CPU but on vid card I am sure I would.
Here are just shots of the side panel. It has an option to put additional 120cm fan for vid card and general cooling. I wish it would allow my to put my Delta 120x35 because it blows 125 cfm! But alas it does not because it does not use screws for the fan to be installed but a fit to place lock to keep the fan on the side. I have read that if you put a powerful fan on the side you will hear it rattle or the vibrations but I put a Yate loon fan which is 70cfm at 33db and I do not hear a thing.
Here are the shots from the front. It has 3 120cm fans at full speed pushes 70cfm. Each one is connected to a removable HDD tray that can hold up to 3 drives. Also the USB,ESATA and Power and reset buttons are on top.
In the back on the top left corder is where the fan controllers are. They are simple 3 step controllers. Low,Mid, High. There is one more controller to turn on/off the LED on the top fan. Also I like how it utilizes the space it has to put two rear 120cm fans for extra exhaust.
Here is the final shot of it on my desk. Well sort of.It barely fits in the empty space there. Since it has a huge fan on top and I added one on the side I need the proper clearance for air intake.
I would also like to add that Antec also sent me two additional 120 fans in case the ones on the case fail. It came with a note regarding their acknowledgment that there has been cases with customers having their fans dead or die after just little use. Instead of going back to check thousands and thousands of fans that went ahead and included some extra. Even if those fail they will go ahead and help you out as well. I thought that was a great way to eliminate the problem of waiting for replacement fans. Even though I have extra.
The case even at full speed is barely audible compared to how I had the cosmos set up. I am very please with the results and since the case was designed around the 900. I would recommend either of them to future builds for friends and family.
Knowing how technology works I just hope they don't release the Antec 1500 anytime soon. I would just cry.
( I will not be returning the case as planned because my mother wants to buy it off me for 100 bucks to build her a comp out of spare parts I have from previous builds.)
As you can see I use the other side of the case to manage all the cables or most of them away from other side to maximize the amount of air flow.
Here you can see that there is not as much clutter except on the bottom which is where I have my SATA drive so the air from the bottom fan hits it directly. It will have a hard time going all the way into the case because of the non-used PSU cables on the bottom but its is okay. Also on the second picture you see a bracket. Well that is to add another fan to push more air towards with your vid card or CPU. It can be removes from the tray to another tray, vise versa. I am not using it ATM since I have no need to. I think I would hardly see a difference on CPU but on vid card I am sure I would.
Here are just shots of the side panel. It has an option to put additional 120cm fan for vid card and general cooling. I wish it would allow my to put my Delta 120x35 because it blows 125 cfm! But alas it does not because it does not use screws for the fan to be installed but a fit to place lock to keep the fan on the side. I have read that if you put a powerful fan on the side you will hear it rattle or the vibrations but I put a Yate loon fan which is 70cfm at 33db and I do not hear a thing.
Here are the shots from the front. It has 3 120cm fans at full speed pushes 70cfm. Each one is connected to a removable HDD tray that can hold up to 3 drives. Also the USB,ESATA and Power and reset buttons are on top.
In the back on the top left corder is where the fan controllers are. They are simple 3 step controllers. Low,Mid, High. There is one more controller to turn on/off the LED on the top fan. Also I like how it utilizes the space it has to put two rear 120cm fans for extra exhaust.
Here is the final shot of it on my desk. Well sort of.It barely fits in the empty space there. Since it has a huge fan on top and I added one on the side I need the proper clearance for air intake.
I would also like to add that Antec also sent me two additional 120 fans in case the ones on the case fail. It came with a note regarding their acknowledgment that there has been cases with customers having their fans dead or die after just little use. Instead of going back to check thousands and thousands of fans that went ahead and included some extra. Even if those fail they will go ahead and help you out as well. I thought that was a great way to eliminate the problem of waiting for replacement fans. Even though I have extra.
The case even at full speed is barely audible compared to how I had the cosmos set up. I am very please with the results and since the case was designed around the 900. I would recommend either of them to future builds for friends and family.
Knowing how technology works I just hope they don't release the Antec 1500 anytime soon. I would just cry.











