- Joined
- Sep 2, 2008
- Messages
- 1,159
Heya, I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with my compy. Occasionally I will lose video from my videocard(screen goes blank). I am certain it is not the monitor or dvi cable as it has happened with different monitors and cables. Also on one occasion, upon attempting to restart my comp, my motherboard sounded an alarm tone during POST. In my motherboard manual it was defined as meaning 'Video card not found or video card memory bad'.
I installed the newest drivers since then and it still occurs, which leads me to believe that it's a hardware issue(ie my card is dying). In all cases I cannot restore signal by a simple restart, I must cut power to my PSU before restarting, after which signal is restored and will run for a numbers of hours(or days even) but inevitably it occurs again.
Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated
My rig
Mobo: A7N8X Deluxe
GPU: evga 7950gt 512mb
CPU: AMD X2 5200+
MEM: 2Gb OCZ DDR2
I installed the newest drivers since then and it still occurs, which leads me to believe that it's a hardware issue(ie my card is dying). In all cases I cannot restore signal by a simple restart, I must cut power to my PSU before restarting, after which signal is restored and will run for a numbers of hours(or days even) but inevitably it occurs again.
Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated
My rig
Mobo: A7N8X Deluxe
GPU: evga 7950gt 512mb
CPU: AMD X2 5200+
MEM: 2Gb OCZ DDR2







