Hey guys GOOD NEWS! New build!

SnipA

Rookie
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
49
Hey guys i am in the css division mostly i have been out of action in-game for like 4-5 months becasue the pc i was useing before is now dead LOL & cant play with this pc with no gpu & i want to build a pc anyway i am really looking foward to building my new pc & playing again i just wanted to say that i will be gaming in at least 2 weeks maximim heres the specs of my new build coming up tell me what u all think

Cpu: Core 2 duo e8400
Gpu: EVGA GTX 260
PSU: Silver stone 850W
CASE: Antec 1200 (modded)
HDD: WD 640GB
MOBO: EVGA 750i FTW
Drive: LG DVD & light scribe
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9700
RAM: Corsair Domminator 2x2G (4GB) DDR2
OS: Vista home premium

Laterz all
CJ AKA SnipA
 
Sounds alot better than mine (o_o)
I dont know you since im a newer member but i hope to meet you soon.
:)
 
Ship it over to me and i will test it out for ya lol i will PM my address :P
 
I am not familiar with Silverstone, so I went and researched it. From what I can tell it is a very good PSU, however, I would recommend the 700W unit. It seems that it is quieter than the 800 or 850 by a decent amount. So much so that you shouldn't hear it running unless you max it out, and even then it was rated to be only 23dBa. Also on the 12V connection is rated for 53A whereas the 800W has 2 or 3 12V connections rated at 35A apiece. I don't know why you would need more than one 12V connection, and the other connections were also above that of the 800W.

Lastly its about $35 dollars cheaper, $60 dollar's cheaper after the mail-in rebate on newegg.com
 
seems very similar to mine. I have a E8500 over your E8400. I have a 260 but from xfx. Also if you didn't know already to show and use all for gigs you need a 64 bit OS. 32 bit will only recognize about 3-3.5 gigs. just giving you a heads up.

Also what do you mean modded 1200? changing out the fans and adding lights or actually physical case? If you mod the actual case take pictures cause i also have a 1200.
 
great job on choosing the 8400!

nice setup similar to mine!

Antec 1200 is a little too much... try 900 its works just fine! :D

I would say go Vista x64 Ultiamte
 
great job on choosing the 8400!

nice setup similar to mine!

Antec 1200 is a little too much... try 900 its works just fine! :D

I would say go Vista x64 Ultiamte

Personally I wouldn't waste the money on either unless you have a room that has a high ambient temperature.
 
Hey man Thx for that info ya i no about the 64 bit :) & about the modding i am going to change all my fans & get the side panel & fully cut it out & put a plexi in there & im going to do cable management & i forgot to metion im going to put in a NZXT Sentry LX Aluminium Dual Bay Fan Controller it will look sweet with every thing & im not sure what gaming mouse to try i am thinking of the death adder but there are alot of good ones out there any ideas on that?

Thx
SnipA
 
Well the fans on the case are great. at high at 70cfm its 33db. i can hardly hear the computer. so you going to make the side just a whole plexi panel? I wouldn't do something like that unless it would match with the rest of the case but that is just me. I just added a fan on the side. a yate loon or something like that. very cheap and great air flow. foxtrot recommended me the website. www.jab-tech.com. Last thing i want to do it just add some extra lighting. Yea I did cable management and with the 1200 its real easy to do. Check out my antec 1200 post in tech talk. I have pictures.
.
 
nice rig m8 i saw your pics :D im just going to replace the front 3 fans not becasue i dont like em just becasue i want more blue LED light coming out i picked out some fans already im going to put 4 cold cathodes in my rig with switches (that come with em) i might add a sound card down the road do you think its worth the extra $ for a sound card for what you get out of it?
 
im going with the 1200 cause i like a bigger case bigger the better i like to put alot in it LOL
 
Hey thx for the info jdcskillet ill go with the 750W silverstone i researched it a little and found out that its enough for even 2 gtx 260s later but i dont think that i will need em thou
 

Latest posts

Back
Top