HL2.EXE ahs stopped working

Black cat

Forum Fiend
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
753
This is pretty weird and a apin in the backside, but since this morining whenever I try to play "Insurgency" the game will crash and closse whenever I have selected a class and start to play, across all servers.

A windows box opens saying that Hl2.EXER has stopped working and the application will be closed.
This is extremely annoying, I've checked and my firewall is set to allow all hl2 to pass and I've even tried re-downloading insurgency.
It seems to be in effect only on insurgency, as Age of chivalry works fine.

Looking in the console I get this whenever I log on if it helps.

--- Missing Vgui material vgui/TitleBarDisabledIcon
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/TitleBarIcon
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/TitleBarDisabledIcon
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/TitleBarIcon
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/TitleBarDisabledIcon
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/TitleBarIcon
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/TitleBarDisabledIcon
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/gfx/vgui/640_scoreboardtracker
execing config.cfg
Can't use cheat cvar dsp_dist_max in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar dsp_dist_min in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar r_ambientfraction in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
2 CPUs, Frequency: 2.3 Ghz, Features: GenuineIntel SSE SSE2 MMX RDTSC CMOV FCMOV
execing valve.rc
Network: IP 192.168.0.4, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 72.233.91.37:27015...
Connected to 72.233.91.37:27015

Insurgency 2.1 RC2
Map: ins_almaden
Players: 26 / 32
Build 3531
Server Number 1
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
CAsyncWavDataCache: 2 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
Initializing renderer...
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface.
Support for this will go away soon.
- Material : maps/terrain/blend_tile_sand_1024_era1
- Surface center : -1654 -2241 -64
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface (material: maps/terrain/blend_tile_sand_1024_era1). Support for this will go away soon.
Unable to initialize DirectSoundCapture. You won't be able to speak to other players.Encountered a non-standard vertex format (183 3 1)
ShaderAPIDX8::CreateD3DTexture: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'StandIdle_M16'.
Redownloading all lightmaps
CalcSequenceIndex: can't find 'WalkFire_RPG'.
*** Visit us at www.EdgeGamers.org
 
That might just work! Like stranded I just enabled full in game music.
Even if it doesn't work, eGO should let you know;
We luvez you so much Mostly Harmless.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top