Okay, so here's the deal. This is probably unrelated, but it is when my problems started. After the last meeting I noticed the vent started to explode (read: stops letting me transmit messages) randomly. I was making multiple guesses that maybe it was what key I was using, but when I started changing that around it still happened anyway. Eventually through some testing over the past couple of days I came to the one constant that leads me to believe it is what causes the problem.
I noticed that for sure, it dies whenever I join a new server. I noticed this because I'd boot up Vent, hop in a game and it would still work. Then I join a server and suddenly no one can hear me anymore. So then I alt+tab out, reconnect, and it works. Then I might decide to switch servers and then it stops working again.
I've tried un-installing and re-installing Ventrilo, but it didn't work. Then again I might need to fully uninstall it. I noticed once I re-installed it, all my settings were still saved, so it's possible it's not fully un-installed. Can anyone tell me how to do that, or offer up any other suggestions?
I noticed that for sure, it dies whenever I join a new server. I noticed this because I'd boot up Vent, hop in a game and it would still work. Then I join a server and suddenly no one can hear me anymore. So then I alt+tab out, reconnect, and it works. Then I might decide to switch servers and then it stops working again.
I've tried un-installing and re-installing Ventrilo, but it didn't work. Then again I might need to fully uninstall it. I noticed once I re-installed it, all my settings were still saved, so it's possible it's not fully un-installed. Can anyone tell me how to do that, or offer up any other suggestions?




