Driver Problems - Looking for a Driver Detection program

RedFlag

Thread Thumper
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
1,048
So I have a Dell laptop. Anyone who's had one knows that drivers for them are pretty hard to come by because of Dell's "You can't get drivers from anybody except from us even though we provide the wrong ones" policy.
I can't get any new drivers for the right parts from their website.
I was hoping that one of those Driver Detection/Auto Update programs would help.
I looked at Driver Detective and it found a bunch of them, but wouldn't let me download them without paying, and I couldn't find a working "alternative" method of obtaining the program.

If anybody knows any other programs similar to this that would be very helpful.
Thanks!
 
shanghai escort

(edited by Thunderhorse)
We don't tolerate spam here
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I deal with a lot of dells and work and rarely end up missing drivers. Did you put in the service tag # or the model # on dell's site. I have better luck with the service tag.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top