Counter-Strike: Source Latency

Anders

Active Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
360
I don't have a PING problem on all my other games, DOD:S, TF2, Battlegrounds 2, Battlefield 2, Fistfull of Frags, Insurgency, except CS:S. My server list has all pings over 100, and in-game it goes over 200, getting me kicked and I can't play. It started doing this a little bit ago. Any ideas to help me?
 
How far is the server located from your ip? if your Ip was in hawaii and you would want to play in a Florida server... Then u got a problem so i guess that's the problem
 
I don't know where the servers are, I'm from Wyoming, but no server I go on lets me stay. I always get kicked because of ping.
 
Hmmm... Check your firewall settings, see if the programs are blocked, also, did you ever have this problem before?
 
It's not a playing problem, it's a latency problem.

@Raccon: I said in my post "It started doing this a little bit ago.", did you read my whole post?
 
Well, it sounds like your firewall is not correctly setup to allow CS:S through. Since CS:S has its own .exe, your firewall may be blocking it. The location could also be it too. Have you tried any =e= servers to test your ping?

Have you correctly set up the ports?
 
Ask the owner where the server you are trying to connect to is located then go to speedtest.net and find the location For example LA then select the LA server.. if it shows high latency you found your problem
Also check your internet speed and reply back
 

Latest posts

Back
Top