About the graphics card.

Anthemjack

Active Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
408
I just got a new graphic card, (8400gs DON'T FLAME ABOUT IT! :mad: IT WAS CHEAP AND I AM NOT A EXTREME GAMER!). and I just wanna know that if it can stay up all night and stuff, cause I sometime kinda download stuff at night (mods from steam that are really slow like heck). So.... How long can it stay up?
 
Well, if you don't overclock the video card or anything, it should be designed to stay on for as long as you want it to. I've never owned the card, so don't take my word for it, but I think you should be fine.
 
Well, if you don't overclock the video card or anything, it should be designed to stay on for as long as you want it to. I've never owned the card, so don't take my word for it, but I think you should be fine.

Thanks, cause I dunno how to overclock my graphic card anyway (waste of time and money :P. IMO!). So it shouldn't have any problems staying up for at least a night?
 
Thanks, cause I dunno how to overclock my graphic card anyway (waste of time and money :P. IMO!). So it shouldn't have any problems staying up for at least a night?

Or longer. I run my overclocked Radeon 4850 for days at a time. You'll be fine.
 
I run almost all of my computers on 24/7 (not my laptop), never had a problem.

~Gooda~
K thanks!, so sometime if I run it 24/7 bluescreen of death comes up, (not a big problem just too heated). So it can run 24/7 then... K thanks for the help guys, I'm really protective about my stuff.
 
How about Hibernate? :/ Also, make sure you have sufficient cooling...you don't have to spend a bunch of money for a cooler for your graphics card. Just...make sure the area around your case is ventilated.
 
Thanks, cause I dunno how to overclock my graphic card anyway (waste of time and money :P. IMO!). So it shouldn't have any problems staying up for at least a night?

As far as I know, overclocking is the cheapest way to improve your performance, being COMPLETELY FREE. >_>
 
How about Hibernate? :/ Also, make sure you have sufficient cooling...you don't have to spend a bunch of money for a cooler for your graphics card. Just...make sure the area around your case is ventilated.

Hibernate writes all the data about your current session to disk and shuts down. Up to you I guess. I've never found a real use for it though.

As far as I know, overclocking is the cheapest way to improve your performance, being COMPLETELY FREE. >_>

Be sure you got good enough cooling and know the basics (voltages and such) before you even think about it.

~Gooda~
 
As far as I know, overclocking is the cheapest way to improve your performance, being COMPLETELY FREE. >_>
I know, but i'm just a 13 year old kid who is protective about his stuff, even though I got a 1 year warrenty from EVGA. And Gcrusader, I live in a frozen house for hmmm, can't quite think of it, I think 6 years, my uncle and aunt only leave their house to 60-70˚F So it keeps my case cool enough.
 
Last edited:
I know, but i'm just a 13 year old kid who is protective about his stuff, even though I got a 1 year warrenty from EVGA. And Gcrusader, I live in a frozen house for hmmm, can't quite think of it, I think 6 years, my uncle and aunt only leave their house to 60-70˚F So it keeps my case cool enough.

My ambient temperature tends to be around 80-85 >_>
 
I have the same card and i never turn off meh pc.... it still runs fine with 30-70 fps in most games
 

Latest posts

Back
Top