Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3

I have already preordered Far Cry 2 and I am planning to buy Fallout 3 the week it releases. These 2 games are all I need for a long time (until L4D :D ).
 
Im real excited about both of these games, and in fact already have both on preorder. Far cry 2 through steam, and fallout 3 through amazon. If I had to pick one im more excited about, its far cry 2... mainly because of the setting. I think for an open ended game, it would be a lot more exciting if it had more elements of an RPG. Either way, excited about both, more excited about far cry 2 and seeing what that engine is capable of.

next time though, may wanna search the forums, already at least one if not more threads about each game buried somewhere in here.
 
I'm kinda concerned actually... I'm still in love with TF2, but I just started playing Crysis (and Crysis: Warhead), Age of Chivalry, and Insurgency...

Combined with a Steam pre-ordered FC2... Man... I'm going to have to figure out a way to balance it all out...

Either way... I'm SET BIG TIME on games for a while...
 
I am looking forward to playing the both games. I have to say I am a little worried about FC2. I always thought Ubisoft games are good, but not great. I really hope they will surprise me with FC2 (all previews and videos look great so far...).

There are about 5 games that will be released before '08 ends. Truth be told, I am hoping 1 or 2 of them sucks so I can save some cash. I will not complain if all of them turn out great games. I will have to wait til Christmas or next year to get them, though.
 
I heard that the FC2 map editor is AMAZING. You can do everything. Its not like Halo 3's forge. You can create the map from scratch from terrain to mountains to buildings and such. But, I was never really a Far Cry person. I pre-ordered Fable 2, GoW2, and Fallout 3 for xbox.
 
Im excited for both of these games I pre-ordered both from amazon a while back. They will both look amazing on the highest settings. I will be messing around with FarCrys map editor a lot so that should be fun. While in Fallout 3 I will be shooting up mutated creatures and monsters with VATS.:)
 
Im excited for both of these games I pre-ordered both from amazon a while back. They will both look amazing on the highest settings. I will be messing around with FarCrys map editor a lot so that should be fun. While in Fallout 3 I will be shooting up mutated creatures and monsters with VATS.:)

VATS?
 
I'm pumped for both games. Just need to mow some grass or do some other work to get enough money to buy them. I am going to be up all night playing both of these games :D
 

VATS is an interesting system they implemented into fallout 3. Basically, it pauses the action, then parts of the enemies bodies are highlighted with hit percentages, and you choose where you want to shoot. Its basically a little turn based thing, then you get to watch your attack in wonderful cinematic glory... with lots and lots of gore.

And yes, the map editor is far cry 2 really does look good. Looks like it will be real easy to make a quick map and jump in and play multiplayer. UNFORTUNATELY, the map editor is only for multiplayer and it seems at this time that there will be no single player levels that will be made. Lets hope they open it up at some point and let modders come in and create with the engine, outside of creating multiplayer maps.
 
I think I've had Far Cry 2 pre ordered for a month now. I am literally counting the hours.

What really burns me is that I ordered it on Steam. I paid the full price for it, and now the run a sale, claiming that if you pre-order it "before October 22", you get $5 off. I emailed them but they said I don't get my $5 off because I agreed to the sale price at the time of purchase. Not a good way to get this Far Cry 2 relationship started... but I've been constantly shafted by Valve/Steam anyway.

I'M PUMPED FOR FAR CRY 2! It's like the game of the decade!
 
I think I've had Far Cry 2 pre ordered for a month now. I am literally counting the hours.

What really burns me is that I ordered it on Steam. I paid the full price for it, and now the run a sale, claiming that if you pre-order it "before October 22", you get $5 off. I emailed them but they said I don't get my $5 off because I agreed to the sale price at the time of purchase. Not a good way to get this Far Cry 2 relationship started... but I've been constantly shafted by Valve/Steam anyway.

I'M PUMPED FOR FAR CRY 2! It's like the game of the decade!

Yea Im real excited, I paid full price too... except I ordered when they had the buy far cry 2 and get far cry free, so i said ehh, why not, im gonna buy the game anyways. Although, its a shame that they dont share amazon's policy. If you preorder something at amazon and they drop the price before its released, i think they refund you the difference.

The only thing that sucks, is that it looks like Steam wont be unlocking FC2 until about 8PM Eastern on the 22nd... looks like I wont be playing until I get home from late wednesday night.
 
The only thing that sucks, is that it looks like Steam wont be unlocking FC2 until about 8PM Eastern on the 22nd... looks like I wont be playing until I get home from late wednesday night.

Isn't Steam the greatest? Gosh I love Valve.

You know, if I would've known that they won't be unlocking the game until late that night, I would've gone to Game Stop. Steam/Valve is worthless. I don't understand all the hype...
 
Isn't Steam the greatest? Gosh I love Valve.

You know, if I would've known that they won't be unlocking the game until late that night, I would've gone to Game Stop. Steam/Valve is worthless. I don't understand all the hype...

Actually, I really like steam, saves me a trip to the store, Saves me from having a CD in the drive, can redownload whenever I need to, and move from PC to PC with no real worries.

I just really wish they would start allowing preloads on games that werent created by valve. Believe me, I want this game probably as much as anyone right now, but in the grand scheme of things, having to wait one extra day wont really make any difference when I get all the conveniences of having it through steam.

Oh, and from what I understand d2d (even though ive never used it) usually unlocks the games at approximately the same time as steam, maybe only a couple hours difference.
 
Actually, I really like steam, saves me a trip to the store, Saves me from having a CD in the drive, can redownload whenever I need to, and move from PC to PC with no real worries.

I just really wish they would start allowing preloads on games that werent created by valve. Believe me, I want this game probably as much as anyone right now, but in the grand scheme of things, having to wait one extra day wont really make any difference when I get all the conveniences of having it through steam.

Oh, and from what I understand d2d (even though ive never used it) usually unlocks the games at approximately the same time as steam, maybe only a couple hours difference.

Yeah, their unlocking times aren't a whole different, but they do have many many non-steam games...

Although they don't have Fallout 3.. Kinda mad about that.

You also don't need to run steam to play the games, which is nice, but if you want you can add it to steam for the community stuff.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top