"deleted" games >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomcat

Forum Fiend
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
743
God i hate steam sometimes. im haveing to reinstall all my games because of it heres whats wrong:

i tried getting on TF2 and steam kept saying the game was'nt available, so i restarted steam and lo and behold...it SAYS all my games are uninstalled EVEN my mods. when i go into my control panel and look, windows says my stuff is still installed. but look at steam and its gone, so i delete the .blog file (whatever one steam support says to delete) still nothing...its REALLY wierd because my stuff is still even takeing up disk space but still it does'nt like me...it even cleansweeped my favorite server list.

any idea why this happened? (reinstalling TF2 right now as well as Portal and HL2)
 
Are your CFG's still there? in steam/STEAMAPPS check for them, and if anything reinstall steam with the CFGs in steam apps folder.

rmju4y.png
 
Last edited:
Your ~Squirril~ would look better if the background was transparent. Isn't that an option?

~Gooda~

What? sorry I was currently helping someone instead of flaming.



Also yes GCF's I got it backwards :P If they are there you could move them then reinstall steam. Also make sure to backup folders in your STEAMAPPS/STEAM NAME folders if you have Mods/Materials/Models/maps you want to save instead of reinstalling all of them.
rmju4y.png
 
I didn't flame. That thread is over, if you keep it up, I expect you'll get a warning from a Council member.

I gave my input before you even got here. Don't start this crap up again, especially when you have no opinion of your own (that you've voiced anyway) on the topic.

Your little signature does blend better though now :)

~Gooda~
 
thanks i THINK its worked, turns out i moved the steam folder with it still going and it got flubbed and moved half the foulder >.> lets hope it still works and ive got some servers to favorite *goes to the TF2 section to jut down some IPs*
 
I didn't flame. That thread is over, if you keep it up, I expect you'll get a warning from a Council member.

I gave my input before you even got here. Don't start this crap up again, especially when you have no opinion of your own (that you've voiced anyway) on the topic.

Your little signature does blend better though now :)

~Gooda~
Seams my help did solve the problem.


thanks i THINK its worked, turns out i moved the steam folder with it still going and it got flubbed and moved half the foulder >.> lets hope it still works and ive got some servers to favorite *goes to the TF2 section to jut down some IPs*
^^ Also remember that if you delete lets say the "TF2" folder, you won't have to reinstall, it will make it over again just without the custom skins/models/maps you have in it.


Seams my help did solve the problem.
rmju4y.png
 
I never said that your help wasn't appreciated by me or OP. I'm not out to get you. Drop it already.

Don't start this crap up again, especially when you have no opinion of your own (that you've voiced anyway) on the topic.

If that's what you're referring to, it wasn't meant to be about this topic, it was about the closed one. Sorry for any misinterpretation.

~Gooda~
 
Guys. The only way this little war between you two will end is if one of you man's up and just ignores the other.

Anyways..

I often get the "Game is unavaliable at this time.." error. I've had to restart my computer many times. Although I've never had all of my steam games uninstalled randomly, I would check to make sure that nobody else shares your steam account and etc.. And then send it a ticket to valve.
 
I"ll end it right now. Locked.

Take your ridiculous disagreements elsewhere guys. Don't let this continue to be a public problem.

For everyone else, thanks for helping him solve the problem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top