Windows Vista vs. Mac OS X

An upgrade that's gonna make everything better, I hope.
Cause I'm dreading the day that I'm forced to switch over. ;(
 
An upgrade that's gonna make everything better, I hope.
Cause I'm dreading the day that I'm forced to switch over. ;(

You do know there's nothing wrong with Vista right? Most of the bugs they fixed ages ago with SP1... They release updates nearly every tuesday...

Haven't had a single issue with Vista since I switched.

Most of the time people just buy into the hype and if something DOES go wrong... They blame vista, even though most likely it's something they did, or something that's been a consistent problem since XP.

While I admit there are some features that are a bit annoying, they're easily disabled or bypassed if you so wished. But you get used to them.

Repairing peoples computers as a hobby... 9 times out of 10 most of the people who are adamant about how must Vista sucks have either never used it, or used one of the original releases.

I always take a laptop with vista on it, most of them actually enjoy it, but mostly what they don't like is having to get used to the new interface, etc. Which, really does take some getting used to.
 
1.ITS EFFING SLOW IF YOU USE UP ALOT OF CPU/RAM!
2.Stupid protection system >.>.
3.Requires more RAM for some games.
4.Burns your eyes if you don't like HDR blindness.
5.Both XP/Vista has alot of virus.

Answers-
1. Set priority levels on your cpu. Disable any programs that do not need to be running. Buy more ram it will only cost 30 or 40 dollars.
2. You can disable this "stupid protection system" but this is also enabled to stop your comment in number 5.
3. Same as number 1, buy more ram it really isn't that expensive.
4. No comment.
5. They only have viruses if you p2p, porn, and surf the web like an idiot. I have vista protection disabled and have no virus/adware etc. programs running on my computer. Be smart on what you surf and you can have a clean computer no matter how many virus programs you install.


Anyways, go Vista. It is a change from XP, but you will need it for all the software coming out. Don't listen to any of that Vista is not compatible or any of that XP is awesome Vista sucks fuss. The Vista compatibility issue has long been solved, and XP fanboys are resistant to change.
 
Stuck?
You don't want to be on Vista.
Look up the reviews for it, I've got a semi-kick ass computer and have XP.

The biggest red flag should be that Windoze 7 is nearly ready for release, and Vista just came out what, a year ago? 2 years? Shows you how big of a flop it was. ;)

It doesn't show you "how big of a flop" Vista is, as much as "how big of a flop" Microsoft's PR/Marketing department is.. The public opinion was driven from Apple's commercials, instead of actual experience: It became the "cool" thing to hate on Vista.

Technically... Windows 7 is an upgrade to Vista.... Seeing as it's Version number is 6.1....

Exactly: Showing nothing is wrong with Vista, other then it's image. A name change to "Windows 7" is nothing more than a classic PR trick: disassociate the bad image from people's minds.


As far as Vista itself goes, it's as most people here have already said: most of the bugs and issues were fixed ages ago, and almost everything is compatible with updated drivers. I've been running Vista since the first beta came out and I never had any issues beyond my printer not having the correct drivers - a problem which was solved a week or so after it went gold.

The only real issue I've had is with my Creative X-Fi and that's Creative's fault more than Vista's considering third party software/drivers fixed my problem. Unfortunately, that third party software isn't compatible with 64bit windows, so I'm stuck with 32bit unless I can find a solution (which sucks for my 6GBs of RAM)..
 
Last edited:
Yes vista has no problems anymore. Maybe a little for people with a single core processor, but if you have a single core its time for an upgrade. And yes Windows 7 is going to be an update for windows Vista, as it looks the same, and feels the same as vista if your read up on it.
 
It doesn't show you "how big of a flop" Vista is, as much as "how big of a flop" Microsoft's PR/Marketing department is.. The public opinion was driven from Apple's commercials, instead of actual experience: It became the "cool" thing to hate on Vista.



Exactly: Showing nothing is wrong with Vista, other then it's image. A name change to "Windows 7" is nothing more than a classic PR trick: disassociate the bad image from people's minds.


As far as Vista itself goes, it's as most people here have already said: most of the bugs and issues were fixed ages ago, and almost everything is compatible with updated drivers. I've been running Vista since the first beta came out and I never had any issues beyond my printer not having the correct drivers - a problem which was solved a week or so after it went gold.

The only real issue I've had is with my Creative X-Fi and that's Creative's fault more than Vista's considering third party software/drivers fixed my problem. Unfortunately, that third party software isn't compatible with 64bit windows, so I'm stuck with 32bit unless I can find a solution (which sucks for my 6GBs of RAM)..

Creative's audiodevices have issues with ALOT of stuff. =/
 
Well after working at an apple store for a short time, I recognised the advantages to mac OSX, the advantages to mac are the speed and the way it runs and the security, its good for internet browsing media editing and even for word processing but gaming it can't do, not because its not capable its the fact nobody has released games onto it. When dual booting with mac osx and xp or vista it makes a mac a very powerful machine. You could also install parallels or VMware fusion, and then run mac and windows.
 
when i say macs aren't for gaming i'm not talking fps-wise. i mean the majority of games made today are not mac-compatible.
 
It doesn't show you "how big of a flop" Vista is, as much as "how big of a flop" Microsoft's PR/Marketing department is.. The public opinion was driven from Apple's commercials, instead of actual experience: It became the "cool" thing to hate on Vista.

Uh, what?
Sure SOME people may think its "cool" to hate on Vista, but those same people, probably own a Mac. ;)

Commercials do nothing for me, I speak from personal experience with it.
 
I'd go with Vista. Mac can play games but its... just ehhh.... Not saying its bad but vista is the way to go.

And Vista Ultimate x64!!

I have lots of ram :D
 
Still say you cant beat good old windows xp pro x64 with DX10.

Any version of 64 bit version of XP is unstable and has more issues with some 32bit only programs than ultimate did with most hardware when it first came out.

The only stable 64bit Windows OS is Vista SP1
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top