Recommendation for inexpensive USB hub

=[Ga]= AutoDMC

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
1,113
Hello, I'm looking for a recommendation for an inexpensive USB hub. I need a minimum of four powered ports, on my desk, which is 4 foot away from the computer's box. My motherboard only has four ports.

I bought a Gigaware Powered USB Hub from Radio Shack... waste of money (should have known better)... it randomly fails to power peripherals or goes out completely. Having my game pad, keyboard, and mouse on it was disastrous.

Recommendations for a USB hub?
 
I coupled two of these to extend my USB ports from my server room, into my home theater room (30ft away), then used this hub for connections to my Logitech G15 Keyboard, Logitech G9 mouse, and Logitech USB Microphone. The connection has always been solid and it has enough bandwidth and power for all the devices mentioned above to work without lag.

I have ordered many times from MonoPrice (for hundreds of dollars worth of cable), and they have never let me down! Good shipping time too!

EDIT: Just realized that the hub I suggested is currently backordered (until October 28th). I'm sure there are others on MonoPrice that would work for you though.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top