- Joined
- Oct 9, 2008
- Messages
- 1,116
Ok this problem has been popping up on me for some time now. I have my computer set to buzz whenever the processor reaches 55c, and shut off at 65c. Currently while playing some games which should not be causing this, I get these heat warnings.
System specs.
Asus Mobo (forget specs on it)
Socket AM2 AMD Athalon X2 6000+ 3.2 ghz DC Brisband.
2x EVGA Nvidia 8600 Gt. 512 GDDR2
4x 1gig of Kingston ram
And 2 hard drives, an older 32 gig 10,000 rdm raptor, and a 500 gig SATA storage drive.
No overclocking (including no factory OC) on anything I am running.
So far I have ran several spyware checks, done a complete registry scan (1 error pertaining to realplayer), Ran Hijack this, found 1 file, and basically restarted the whole process once I removed the malicious programs. After that I was still getting heat warnings, so I reseated the processor, replaced the heatsink and fan with a new one. Thoroughly cleans my case out for dust and dead bugs. Removed the battery on my motherboard and put it back in. Then did a bios update through my MOBO manufacturer.
After still getting these problems, I went into my Nvidia control panel and set every single game's settings to the video card. Now, the problem is still occurring when I am playing TF2, INS, and even FFXI.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how this can be fixed, I am all ears. Oh and please don't suggest water cooling, water cooling really is not needed for any non OC system.
System specs.
Asus Mobo (forget specs on it)
Socket AM2 AMD Athalon X2 6000+ 3.2 ghz DC Brisband.
2x EVGA Nvidia 8600 Gt. 512 GDDR2
4x 1gig of Kingston ram
And 2 hard drives, an older 32 gig 10,000 rdm raptor, and a 500 gig SATA storage drive.
No overclocking (including no factory OC) on anything I am running.
So far I have ran several spyware checks, done a complete registry scan (1 error pertaining to realplayer), Ran Hijack this, found 1 file, and basically restarted the whole process once I removed the malicious programs. After that I was still getting heat warnings, so I reseated the processor, replaced the heatsink and fan with a new one. Thoroughly cleans my case out for dust and dead bugs. Removed the battery on my motherboard and put it back in. Then did a bios update through my MOBO manufacturer.
After still getting these problems, I went into my Nvidia control panel and set every single game's settings to the video card. Now, the problem is still occurring when I am playing TF2, INS, and even FFXI.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how this can be fixed, I am all ears. Oh and please don't suggest water cooling, water cooling really is not needed for any non OC system.
















