Games do not start

kingdingleling

Active Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
279
Steam comes on and when I launch the game...it never starts. Then when I cancel the launching Steam.exe is taking up 100% of my cpu power and stays that way until I close the program down. Any suggestions?? Also, I've tried to verify game contents and it reaches 100% but never ends.
 
Last edited:
Steam comes on and when I launch the game...it never starts. Then when I cancel the launching Steam.exe is taking up 100% of my cpu power and stays that way until I close the program down. Any suggestions?? Also, I've tried to verify game contents and it reaches 100% but never ends.

This Might Help

Once you have verified the integrity of your game cache files, you can make sure that your extracted game files are correct by navigating to your Steam user directory: ..\Steam\steamapps\[USER NAME]\ and either renaming or deleting your game folder.

Note: If you are playing a Singleplayer game and wish to keep your saved games, rename the game directory.

The next time you run the game, it will re-extract the files from your game cache files. If you wish to restore your saved games, copy the SAVE folder from your old game directory to your new one.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top