Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO (Officially) Announced

No SOE, No SOE, No SOE! (Finally!) They ruined the swg with NGE (New game enchancement), and well, think about the kotor games, it was massive number crunching with action overlayed, its merely a matter of keeping that, with class types. (I hope they use the saga rule type, over the base d20 ruleset, but i can see both being viable)
 
Time for the Star Wars girl rant.
Firstly this game is going to fail just like Star Wars Galaxies did. The only MMO I have ever played. {due to it being a Star Wars Game} While it had some level of fun they give you missions you can't complete and that's what slipped the noose around that game for me. Now for this new one I am sure it's going to be popular right when it comes out but as a long term thing it won't last. unless they fix huge things like quests. I couldn't stand that LVL 40 jedi get a sith crystal to further my career as a light side jedi and for a month, A MONTH I waited to be able to do that quest so I said screw it and haven't played since.
 
I have a good feeling bout this game, considering its an extension of the Knights of the old Republic series. KOTOR was probably the best star wars game before The Force Unleashed. If its affordable i can see this game going places
 
Yeah I saw the unofficial announcement, I'm still on the fence with it. I think it could be cool, but the MMO devolpment process is a tricky one. You don't just have to weigh game balanace, playability and all that, but also post-game playability (once you hit the maximum level type gameplay) number of servers (launch with too many you'll have too low a population, everyone quits, too many lag makes everyone ragequit).

there's my two cents
 

Latest posts

Back
Top