Also 1 possible lag issue

Cpt. Hopi

Famous
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
429
Now lag is from a lot of reasons. One in particular I see a lot and I know it will give some lag. So say your playing a server and you get super lag or so. Like 1 frame per 3 seconds.

Well here's a possible way to fix.
On your desktop load up the Steam Interface and Click on settings.
steam1.jpg


Now click on the tab called Downloads.
Now make sure your CORRECT internet connection is set. A lot of times Steam will change it to the wrong one and you must manually change it back.

After you have it set to the correct one hit Ok and it should be set. Now join back in your favorite servers and pwn some people!
 
Your latency won't change drastically by doing this. I know steam always drops my connection to DSL or some low connection, but I still average out 50 ping.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top