I understand what you mean, you want to put your old computer stats into a new case. Basicly you'ld have to dismantle your computer system then rebuild it in the new case. You can leave the ram, processor and heatsink on the mobo while moving it. Make sure you have an ESD wrist strap before starting.
•Jv•;518564 said:I never used an ESD wrist wrap and never had any trouble, I just touch a piece of metal ..
I don't touch anything, nor use a ESD wrist strap.. Never had anything go wrong with my computer(s).


), you'll be fine. Just touch the INSIDE of your case every so often to ground yourself. All the bracelet does is keep you grounded as much as possible all the time.I'd reccomend putting the power supply first into the new case and plugging it into the wall (with the power switch on the supply off) because power supplies are grounded and when installed in the case will in turn ground the entire case.
The entire case is a ground point, adding the PSU, while plugged in to a wall outlet, is asking for trouble. The PSU still recieves and stores a bit of power even when the switch is turned off, all that switch does is prevent the power from going out.
~Gooda~