Have I lost my mind? HTPC content...

I-Die-Often

Forum Fanatic
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
955
All right... I have been surfing looking at HTPC stuff for a while... now Antec may have thrown a wrench in my work...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129056

Am I crazy to think this would make a kick butt HTPC case... think about that thing sitting on a nice glass style TV stand with a 42" LG Scarlet above it... am I crazy?

And yes... this case makes me feel giddy... I almost want to dump my 900... :lol:
 
Wow, that's amazing. :o
I'd be too worried about my parts getting all scratched and wrecked, because there isn't a protective shell surrounding it. :P
 
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/637/1

Here's a not so favourable review, im personally in-different towards it. If you're going for a HTPC, why not an Antec Solo instead? More spacious than a m-ATX case, a lot quieter as well thanks to a suspended hard-drive system and side panel dampening.
 
It's meant to be a tech station, not an HTPC case. HTPC cases are *supposed* to look small, unobtrusive, and sleek.

I love that case, but I wouldn't use it for a HTPC rig.

~Gooda~
 
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/637/1

Here's a not so favourable review, im personally in-different towards it. If you're going for a HTPC, why not an Antec Solo instead? More spacious than a m-ATX case, a lot quieter as well thanks to a suspended hard-drive system and side panel dampening.

I read the review; whoever wrote that review didn't sound very tech-y? I'd be excited to learn about something new, but he kinda sounds like someones grandpa complaining about how, "...back in his day, PC cases came with instructions and you knew what to do. Humph!" :rolleyes:

It looks like a neat case, but if I did use one I'd probably try to place it somewhere up high where there would be less opportunity to spill a drink on it or accidentally roll your chair into it. If it was used as an HTPC, placing it in a cabinet next to your HDTV would be an ideal place for it. if you have cats, you probably wouldn't want this case...mmmm, burning cat hair :(
 
Decided to go with the Antec Fusion Max... I like Antec cases and the Fusion meets my requirements (minimum 4 internal 3.5 bays and the ability to fit a full atx mobo).

The parts have all been finalized and now I am waiting just a bit longer (until after my closing date on the newegg card) and I will be showing my support for eGO by building my... dang... 5th computer this year... only two of which have actually been FOR me... :)

And this will sit under my soon-to-be-purchase LG Scarlet 42" LCD TV... :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top