Admin privileges error

Con

Active Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
355
Also known as ERROR 1303.

So I tried installing QuickTime on my WindowsXP:Home Edition computer along with Tortise SVN (For Garrys Mod) and I get this error,the installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Apple,And it tells me to log in as a administrator which I already am so I go into control panel check everything out go into Safe Mode and no luck,any help is much appreciated.

Below is a Picture of the Error along with a picture showing that I have administrative privileges.

Error.jpg


admin.jpg
 
Well for the first link I followed the instructions but it turns out I don't have the "Use Simple File Sharing" Option to deselect.So I went to my C:\Documents And Settings Right-clicked the All Users folder went to properties,But then I didn't have a security tab like it says to go to.

As for the second link, I did all the command prompt stuff it says to do,So I thought it might work now I tried installing the program again and still no luck.So I clicked on the Microsoft link that the guy replied to with and it pretty much told me the same thing go to security tab which I don't have.
 
Create a new account login to said account, then go to start > Administrator tools > Computer management > users right click on the problem account and make sure it is in the admin group, if not add it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top