Best game recorder?

Insurge

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
1,795
Hey folks, for my history project I will be making a time line of wars throughout history using some of my games, and I need a good quality game recorder. I also need it to be able to have basic features (I have never used one of these before) such as text, crop video (Take out all the intro crap) and effects. Any help making this video will be greatly appreciated. I'm going to be mixing some games along with my friend (each game will get about 30 seconds). ex. Medieval wars -> Age of chivalry, Modern warfare -> Insurgency (I dont have COD4).
 
FRAPS, Xfire, and wegame have good recorders.

FRAPS trial version is free, and you can use it as long as forever. BUT, you can only record for 30 seconds.

Xfire is 100% free, requires xfire account.

Wegame is also free.

Those are the recorders. I know I totally ignored your post (not really, I read it) but Windows Movie Maker is free and comes with any computer with Windows. Hope this helps.
 
Yeah, I heard a lot about Fraps. My fried who im doing the project with uses hypercam, is that better?
 
Fraps requires money if you're recording for longer than 30 seconds at a time, but its otherwise very good.
 
Insurge, try source recording, its really better and does not kill FPS (frame per second).

Try googling source recording.
 
Wegame.com is a really good one, you can automagically upload your video after you take it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top