Fallout 3 reviews are in!

I'm almost level 20 and those enclave soldiers are hard as hell. :(

Nice... Good to hear they are still tough while level 20. I remember being able to waste just about anything on F2 near the end. I'm still enjoying this game as well. I didn't think I would like the VATS thing, but for what it does and how it works, it's pretty good. It sure makes combat a lot faster than F2.

I've had a few crashes, but nothing major. No show stoppers here. I'm fully sucked into the world, just like I was for F2.

-Groo
 
Amazing game, spent hours on it and love the diversity in it! The characters feel real and original, my only hitch was that the old guy's voice got re-used :P a game worth waiting for, even if you feel its turned into an fps, its still fallout :D
gg for bethedsa!
 
I bought the game the day it came out, and I would have to say it's one of the funnest gaming experience of my life.

I've only done a bit of the main quest, and I'm level 20 already, just because of the sheer amount of exploring and relic hunting that's availble in the game, and I've only really explored the South-East part of the map, (save for some areas like Tenpenny Tower and the Evergreen Mills area, as well as Canterberry Commons, the essential stuff like that). Sometimes I feel as though Fast Traveling is a waste just because I know I'll miss something in between if I do.

The combat is phenominal, although it does get pretty easy once you hit level 20, which it should, being as that's the last and final level. Granted I've never ran into any Enclave Soldiers yet, I'm yearning to join the Brotherhood of Steel as soon as possible. Power Armor FTW!!

Game is amazing. 'Nuff said, go out and buy it!@
 
Game's amazing - just stepped out of the Vault and I'm in Megaton right now.
 
Its an RPG-FPS basically

My 2 cents... I feel they spent too much time on making the world huge rather than adding more depth.

Also, can anyone else not run? I press the run button and he walks :(

EDIT: Can anyone explain what the deal is with this radiation? lol
 
Last edited:
Its an RPG-FPS basically

My 2 cents... I feel they spent too much time on making the world huge rather than adding more depth.

Also, can anyone else not run? I press the run button and he walks :(

EDIT: Can anyone explain what the deal is with this radiation? lol

The depth is there, you just have to look for it. If you just pursue your father without exploring or talking to people, then it will be a very shallow game. However, if you spend the time, you will be rewarded with depth.

I'm currently level 12 and haven't done anything in regards to the main quest. I've explored a lot of the surrounding area (not in the DC area and not much across the "river" to the north as well as the West) and i still feel like I'm just scratching the surface. You bring to the game the level of depth you want, very similar to F2.

I just hope I can find enough Quantum sodas out there to fulfill my quest. I accidentally drank some and sold some and still have a long ways to go to complete that quest.

As for running, my run is always on. You can tell you are not running when you are carrying too much stuff, then you are force to walk only which is extremely slow. The "run" tends to feel like a walk, FWIW.

Well, at lunch time I'm off to free some slaves and kill some slavers =)

-Groo
 
Also, can anyone else not run? I press the run button and he walks :(

EDIT: Can anyone explain what the deal is with this radiation? lol

I think the normal speed you move around at is running (though I could be wrong, and on a related note, if anyone has figured out how to move faster in stealth after you take the Silent Running perk, I'd love to know).

Radiations works roughly like this: Different spots in the work (toxic waste, any body of water, alien crash sites), and different actions (drinking from a non-clean water source, eating mutated animal meat) have a level of radiation associated with it (i.e. X Rads/Sec). As long as you're standing in the water or whatever you accumulate radiation at that rate. If you ever accumulate 1000 rads, you die, and every 200 rads before that you get a debuff. Radiation resistance (wearing protective clothing, taking Rad-X) lowers the rate you accumulate radiation (standing in a +7 Rads/Sec area might only give you +1 Rads/Sec with gear on). You can get rid of accumulated radiation with RadAway or paying a doctor.
 
Ah okay, so TECHNICALLY I could have 999 radiation and I wont lose health/see any effects?
 
Ah okay, so TECHNICALLY I could have 999 radiation and I wont lose health/see any effects?

I believe once you are above a certain level (i don't recall but like 600 or 800) you may have a side effect of some sort that sticks with you the rest of the game.

-Groo
 
I believe once you are above a certain level (i don't recall but like 600 or 800) you may have a side effect of some sort that sticks with you the rest of the game.

-Groo

There's a quest available in Megaton for doing a survival guide for the wastes. One of the parts of it is to get at least 200 rad poisoning, but there's an optional objective of going as high as 600 as well.

I opted for the 600 because I'm a perfectionist in games and I have to see everything.

When I went to turn it in, I gained a perk that allowed me to regenerate health faster while I was irradiated. So, a pretty positive side-effect, so long as the rads don't get too out of control and start to hurt your health.
 
I did the same quest but the perk was to have your limbs regenerate if you have a certain # of rads I think? You can't ever lose a limb with high enough radiation.
 
I did the same quest but the perk was to have your limbs regenerate if you have a certain # of rads I think? You can't ever lose a limb with high enough radiation.

That might be it. I haven't been able to play it for awhile though.

I'll check whenever I wander over to my gf's place again. :P
 
I love this game. I havent played DODS and FarCry 2 because of this game. I also got COD:WaW when I bough Fallout3 and only played a hour of that haha

I just hacked into the guys computer in Megaton to get information about the father....I need steal some stuff and get some caps....
 
the game is amazing

this is the first and only (at the moment) rpg that Ive liked

Same, well beside Fable for the orginial xbox(or was it 360) lol. This game just keeps me playing and I loose track of time. I had to restart(!@#$ computer) but im glad I did because its even better haha.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top