Terrible loss and some choke on our TF2 2fort server

  • Thread starter Thread starter QB
  • Start date Start date

QB

Famous
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
433
For about the last week and a half I've been having a really hard time playing on our 2fort regular respawn server at 72.232.197.28:27015.

Various traceroutes show no hops longer than about 65ms, but I constantly have at LEAST 25 loss playing on the server. I seem to have this problem with all our Layeredtech hosted servers since about a week and a half ago. Occasionally I get a really bad hop in Dallas. I think this may be the source of my problems but I can't really tell.

If anyone can remind me of how to dump a tracert to a txt file, I'll post a few traceroutes to see if anyone can help.

This has been really frustrating because I love playing on our servers. They've kinda spoiled me in terms of gamer maturity :P

Any help anyone can provide will be much appreciated.

Edit:

This problem did NOT start immediately after the switch to the harpertown box. I played just fine on that server for at least a few days.
 
Last edited:
Bump to update. Yesterday was pretty good. I did about 30 traceroutes and didn't find that bad hop in Dallas.

For now, things have stabilized and I'm only getting my usual lag that I get from anything in the black hole known as Texas.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top