Slowing PC

Falco

Poster
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
194
Hello guys, recently I updated my video Card and PSu, and since then my PC have been running extremely slow. I don't know what the problem is, but is you guys could give me ANY information that could help me I would really appreciate it. In case you need any info on my computer stats to help, here they are.

Mobo:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT
RAM: 4G, (only run 3G PC dont run last one...)
PSu: 750wt
 
Last edited:
scan ur comp for spyware, defrag it, clean ur registry. that should speed it up :D
 
Did you switch from an ati video card to nvidia? If so did you remove the drivers? Also do as mentioned above. One last thing Download CCleaner its a neat little program that will fix your registry and you can also clean out all the internet cache files and a lot of other stuff.
 
Did you switch from an ati video card to nvidia? If so did you remove the drivers? Also do as mentioned above. One last thing Download CCleaner its a neat little program that will fix your registry and you can also clean out all the internet cache files and a lot of other stuff.

Yes I did change from ATI to Nvidia, but can't find the drivers. Don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places or what, if you would be so kind and give me some tips that would be nice.
 
You should be able to remove your old drivers with the add/remove program utility in control panel.

You really should do this, THEN install your new card and drivers. For now, if you have your new drivers installed, I'd redownload the newest version, uninstall ANY video drivers, then reinstall the NEW ones. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I think you will run into problems by not doing it in that kind of order.
 
just some info for you. Since we have simular PC's

First off on your ram. You will never see more then 3 gig of ram unless you install a 64bit operating system. You need XP 64bit "which is hard to get ahold of now" or Vista 64bit then you can see all 4 gig. On a side note, I ran Vista 64bit for a while, and it was more of a Nuisance then benefit.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top