What do you think of the map ins_baghdad?

What do you think of ins_baghdad

  • I love it!

    Points: 11 36.7%
  • I like it.

    Points: 7 23.3%
  • I don't care either way

    Points: 7 23.3%
  • I dislike it

    Points: 3 10.0%
  • I really hate it!

    Points: 2 6.7%

  • Total voters
    30

Cerepol

I made one post
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
18
AS the topic title says what do you think of it?

imo I really hate it, it's very annoying to play on and gets impossible to win on. With no one ever winning and all fighting just over C it gets to be very boring.
 
I like it for the most part, but I wish it wasn't so linear. I love maps that have more than a single choke point like Charlie is on Baghdad.
 
I personally hate it, my least favorite map. I tend to change server when it comes up, unless i am needed.
 
Baghdad is one of the best maps on INS, actually I think for the most part theyre all good once you learn them.
 
Im not really a fan. I agree that it is hard to win and more often than not when I've played it the Marines flat out lose. Not my cup of tea.
 
Because Baghdad is linear, it does generally become a challenge for the marines to advance past the gas station, but I still love this map. For the Marines to win, they really need to work as a team, use techniques like suppressive fire and smoke, and not just go rushing about outside like a buffoon, spraying off their guns like a TF2 Heavy. This map usually works out to be an Insurgent win though, because they work together pretty well, and If they can keep you pinned down in the gas station, it's game over.
 
i LOVE baghdad! mainly because of how the map and objectives are set-up
 
I'd say that Baghdad is a challenge on both sides.... Yes it is a bit more difficult as a marine but even for the terrorists its difficult. As we all know, C is a blood bath and is mainly a problem for the Marines to deal with. However, it can also become a problem for the insurgents. The marines have the Pharmacy (building infront of C) which if they protect and use it to their advantage, can prevent terrorists from claiming C. On the other hand, Insurgents seem to have the upper hand in the building battles where C is situated, due to the 3 different approaches they can make. One directly from A (behind bus), One directly from B ( the street) and the alley way near B. Also, it seems the left side Fence Across C) seems to be used by insurgents frequently to enter the pharmacy. However, marines can use similar tactics the insurgents make but the problem with it is that there seems to be corners where insurgents are prepared to defend and thus, it makes C a blood bath in general. However, is either side breaks through than it will be advantageous for one side compared to the other. Generally, the map isnt bad. I just dont think its one sided unless ofcourse, if we start talking about the players and their skills and experiances which would make it for both sides depending on whose team they are on. Anyways, Baghdad isnt that bad. I just think we should reduce the time it takes for the maps to change.
 
yet again people complain about a map because of a lack of TEAMWORK not because the map sucks...Baghdad and Almaden are very heavily determined by which team works together better. You cant think of the game as just you because you cant do anything alone in INS
 
First map I ever played on, got killed probably 15 times before I killed someone. I love this map, this is right under Sinjar ;)
 
That learning curve is a real pain in the butt, ain't it? I got slaughtered when I first jumped into this game too!
 
lol. Yes, it is. I played CS and CS:S in CAL and this is NOT a run 'n gun game like CS, you really have to defend yourself. I love it though. =]
 
First time i played i just freaked out cause i had no crosshair lol. Iron sight was just too uncomfortable i just sprayed and died like 30 times . Had to change my thought process when playing an FPS game like this.
 
I have mixed emotions over this map. As the original poster stated, there are rarely victories for one team or the other on this map (I have yet to play a round on this map where either team secures C and moves on to control the following points). This is also the *only* map that I seem to get excessive lag on, which bewilders me, and makes it even more frustrating to play on. However, it *can* be a fun map, even without either team securing a victory. The fighting on this map, especially squad based, can be (and usually is) more intense than on any other map I've played on. Just holding C, and the buildings across the street, can be a fun and trying challenge. All-in-all, though, the negatives *do* outweigh the positives for me, and I usually find myself fighting on the rooftop across from C waiting for the round to end, and the next map to pop.
 
I'm a gamer who plays for victory or defeat not for ties which is probably why I really really hate this map. It's pointless to play on it as neither side ever wins and without the purpose of winning why play?
 
I like the map, personally. Primarily because if your team doesn't work together you lose.

lol. Yes, it is. I played CS and CS:S in CAL and this is NOT a run 'n gun game like CS, you really have to defend yourself. I love it though. =]

The fact CS turned into quake with goals was the main reason I stopped playing and switched over to DOD only (back before Source). I gave it another try after Source was release, but it was just a pretty version of Quake with goals, so I moved to DODS.

Insurgency, on the other hand, rewards teamwork and actual tactics, and punishes the rambos unmercifully. This alone makes the game worth it to me, even if I normally don't do so well.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top