This is for Antec 900 & 1200 owners; relate to dust inside computer

Clarko

Forum Fiend
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
737
I have an antec 1200 case which I am very happy with. I usually clean the filters every week or so but I got lazy recently. There is quite a bite of dust on the components and I was wondering what you all do to clean your pc. Also how many times a week,month, etc do you clean out the fan filters from your case? I isnt that bad but Since the cases is back I can see the dust inside and it annoys me.

Also any good practices for cleaning computer of dust as far as components go like heatsinks, vid cards, etc. Thank you for your time.
 
I use a can of compressed air to clean the components in my compy. I do this every week or two, it's actually quite amazing how quickly dust accumalates. Though my place is dusty due to construction nearby.
 
Once a month, and I usually get a can of compressed air and place a vacuum near the case and just air blast away.

And, as far as I know, my 900 doesn't have any filters. My old Antec did though.
 
Compressed can of air small vacuum

blow air near fans, near PSU, near GPU and Hard Drive and on CD/DVD Drives
 
I have recently started turning off my box whenever I am not using it due to the amount of dust my 900 collects. Though I have had problems with every case I have used in this dusty old place
 
I usually remove the filters and rinse them out. It gets it a lot cleaner than the canned air and less mess. As for the inside, a small vacuum and canned air to sweep it out. You'll never get it as clean as it once was, but its all about micromangement. Use the same for the componenets. I can't imagine what else you could use that wouldn't possibly damage the parts.

Side not: I seriously love the 1200. Keeps everything really cool with just air. My only complaint is that it takes the removal of 24 thumb screws to access the filters.
 
Yea I know what you mean foxhound it is a hassle. Oh well sacrifice some things for others I suppose. I have been looking into making it a tool less with a case mod.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top