- Joined
- Jul 2, 2008
- Messages
- 712
Not sure if anyone has any ideas, but I've run out of options, so any thoughts are appreciated.
One of my wife's employees just received a laptop from Iraq. Her mom is there as a contractor and didn't need the laptop anymore. It's an Acer TravelMate 6292.
It gets limited connectivity via LAN(which of course is shown by it not getting an outside IP address). I can't seem to connect to any wireless networks around either. My rig is connecting to the same network without any problems, and when I hardcode a similar IP I'm able to create a conflict with an apartment neighbors IP - so it's at least able to communicate with the network in that regard.
I've double checked drivers and hardware, but since they're both separate, I don't see anyway they'd both fail. Killed the firewall and all her Norton stuff to make sure there was no interference there. Now I'm out of ideas. Repeated ipconfig options bring up the laptops own IP every time, even after setting that conflicting IP I mentioned.
I'm not a network guy - so maybe I'm just missing something obvious. Thanks eGO peeps.
One of my wife's employees just received a laptop from Iraq. Her mom is there as a contractor and didn't need the laptop anymore. It's an Acer TravelMate 6292.
It gets limited connectivity via LAN(which of course is shown by it not getting an outside IP address). I can't seem to connect to any wireless networks around either. My rig is connecting to the same network without any problems, and when I hardcode a similar IP I'm able to create a conflict with an apartment neighbors IP - so it's at least able to communicate with the network in that regard.
I've double checked drivers and hardware, but since they're both separate, I don't see anyway they'd both fail. Killed the firewall and all her Norton stuff to make sure there was no interference there. Now I'm out of ideas. Repeated ipconfig options bring up the laptops own IP every time, even after setting that conflicting IP I mentioned.
I'm not a network guy - so maybe I'm just missing something obvious. Thanks eGO peeps.




