Awesome 5$ VGA cooler :D.

Anthemjack

Active Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
408
http://icrontic.com/articles/vga_cooler

Really awesome and works for my computer

Used to be 70-73 on gameing and 60-63 idle...

Now 52-56 idle and 65-63 gaming :D.

Also it cheap! good for your heatsinks if they are conducting too much heat, and if you need an extra cooler or don't have one.

Planning to put heat sinks onto my VGA card soon, and getting a new VGA fan also ( the stock cooler EVGA gave me with the 8400GS is kinda weak) and adding a case fan upon it with this.
 
Last edited:
http://icrontic.com/articles/vga_cooler

Really awesome and works for my computer

Used to be 70-73 on gameing and 60-63 idle...

Now 52-56 idle and 65-63 gaming :D.

Also it cheap! good for your heatsinks if they are conducting too much heat, and if you need an extra cooler or don't have one.

Planning to put heat sinks onto my VGA card soon, and getting a new VGA fan also ( the stock cooler EVGA gave me with the 8400GS is kinda weak) and adding a case fan upon it with this.

That's a pretty smart and easy mod!
 
It is recommended to read through out the guide though.

And its really good for those people who cannot afford a good VGA fan for your graphic card (me) and for several reasons also.
 
wow that is actually pretty good, I might try it, if I do, I'll post the results
 
I mite do that when i go home this week. It looks like a good way to kill some time and would be quite easy. I could even get some uv reactive paint for it too! I know id be upping the cost but why not have a little extra fun.

Also for those who have tried it. Why not take the slot cover that you have to remove to put this in and glue the plexiglass to it to make it kind of like a pci fan? It would add some more stability to it as well.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top