Custom cooling for 4850?

xenophek

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
735
I saw someone else post a thread where a guy made his own plexi cooler for a ATI graphics card, but it's a different card than mine. Has anybody heard of custom cooling solutions for the Radeon 4800 series that doesn't involve installing a whole new heatsink? I'd like to do a boxy thing for my card, because I love the way the nvidia cards look, but not how they perform.
 
Well I'm sure there is ways of cooling a 4850 down. I myself have a 4850 and running it at 55% fan makes her run nice a cool (even with it overclocked quite a bit). You could always get a spot cooler to cool off the back of the card or somehow rig a fan somewhere on the card itself. Or if you are having major overheating problems then just get a 3rd party cooler. It would be worth it :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118001
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186016
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118037
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106112

- All compatible with 4850s -
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top