PC wont turn off

Blindsfell

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
3,554
I just recently built my own pc but the problem is, whenever i click shut down the monitor, keyobard, mouse, etc turn off but the case and all the hardware dont... Any help?

Case: Sigma Orca
Mobo: Asus P5N-D
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
 
???

Pardon me, but how does "monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc turn off" ???
 
I know what it is. In vista on the start menu the button next to the lock button does not mean shut down but sleep mode. ROFL It happened to me a couple of times when I first started using vista. Just click the arrow next to the lock button to see the rest of your options and select shut down.

There is a method how to change what that power button does. You can change it from sleep mode to shut down. I am just to lazy to find you the link. hehe
 
yea i had the same problem when i first use my laptop with vista on it xD im like "why it not turning off! :O" xD
 
Pardon me, but how does "monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc turn off" ???

They power off? The lights on them turn off? Power doesn't go to them anymore? Sorry I don't leave my mouse, monitor, and keyboard on 24/7...

Also I recommend using the POWER OFF SWITCH after your keyboard, monitor and mouse turns off.
 
I know what it is. In vista on the start menu the button next to the lock button does not mean shut down but sleep mode. ROFL It happened to me a couple of times when I first started using vista. Just click the arrow next to the lock button to see the rest of your options and select shut down.

There is a method how to change what that power button does. You can change it from sleep mode to shut down. I am just to lazy to find you the link. hehe

haha ur not alone, i had the same problem until i realized my computer turned on wen i clicked on the keyboard xD
 
PC won't turn off?

Sometimes that happens to me. What I do is turn-off my computer manually, depending on your computers software settings, when I turn on the computer, I hit either the del or F1 key to enter my setup menu. Then I restart my computer in Safe Mode.

Then I run a spyware and virus program to be safe. Or sometimes I go in my Start-up Menu and find the Restore function in my System Tools Area and try to re-load my computer to an earlier time when my computer was functioning correctly.

I hope this helps you out.

Peace to all!
 
I'm wondering why even bother shutting down. On my desktop, I use S3 (sleep) all the time. It uses very little power and it's instant-on. On my laptop, I hibernate. It's not as good as S3, but it's faster than booting. Of course, you gotta restart once in a while after installing a program or such, but, in general, shutting down every time is kinda pointless, unless you're that worried about your electric bill.
 
I just recently built my own pc but the problem is, whenever i click shut down the monitor, keyobard, mouse, etc turn off but the case and all the hardware dont... Any help?

Case: Sigma Orca
Mobo: Asus P5N-D
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Sleg hammer fix's all Trust me.
 
in vista the standby butoon looks like the shutdown one DONT PRESS it, click the arrow then shutdown
 
Wow alot of the same stuff...
Just press the arrow on the start bar then click shutdown...
OR you can hold down the power button
 
To Change the way the default power button in the start menu works:

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings (whichever you're using) -> Change advanced power settings -> Power buttons and lid -> Start menu power button -> Change it to what ever you want.
 
Firefox

Firefox comes with spell check. You should consider switching. ;) It will make you look smarter! :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top