I think I found out the FPS hiccups...

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:26:32 AM, on 11/21/2008
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICustomerCare] "C:\Program Files\ATI\ATICustomerCare\ATICustomerCare.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Skytel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\Skytel.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009] c:\program files\uniblue\registrybooster\StartRegistryBooster.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {74DBCB52-F298-4110-951D-AD2FF67BC8AB} (NVIDIA Smart Scan) - http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload/nforce/NvidiaSmartScan.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe

--
End of file - 3263 bytes

That is my log.
 
You're hijack log looks, fine, at first glance.

I'd like to know more by what you mean when you say "hiccup."
What, specifically, happens when your PC hiccups? Is it a predictable event happening when a specific situation is created? Or is it random? Are there general circumstances which seem to always be present when it happens?

At the risk of leading the question, does your PC stutter, as in pause and repeat an image over and over again for a few seconds, and then resume?

Does it just pause and then resume? Does it go blank? What?
Have you checked your Windows log for any events when it hiccups?

There's a program we use at work which does a nice job of capturing events, but I don't know of a freeware equivalent. I'll go look and repost/edit if I can find it.
 
You're hijack log looks, fine, at first glance.

I'd like to know more by what you mean when you say "hiccup."
What, specifically, happens when your PC hiccups? Is it a predictable event happening when a specific situation is created? Or is it random? Are there general circumstances which seem to always be present when it happens?

At the risk of leading the question, does your PC stutter, as in pause and repeat an image over and over again for a few seconds, and then resume?

Does it just pause and then resume? Does it go blank? What?
Have you checked your Windows log for any events when it hiccups?

There's a program we use at work which does a nice job of capturing events, but I don't know of a freeware equivalent. I'll go look and repost/edit if I can find it.

I mean hiccups, I mean like Bottlenecking from 70-120 FPS down to 1-15 FPS, which makes it unplayable.
 
I THINK I GOT IT!

I think it is the processor, because whenever I bottleneck or Hiccup, TF2/CS:S/DOD:S/Fallout 3/Half life 2/etc. It was 50% CPU then it goes high up to 89-100% used CPU O_O.

I wonder, is the CPU my Computer core chip or is it my RAM?
 
Anthem,

If you're truly running (and I don't doubt - just saying) a X2 6000+ CPU, I highly doubt your processor is the bottleneck unless it's defective.

When talking about the CPU, you're referring to the chip (CPU = central processing unit). I'm still looking for an app you can use to diagnose things on your PC. No luck yet.

What does your system log say?
 
Anthem,

If you're truly running (and I don't doubt - just saying) a X2 6000+ CPU, I highly doubt your processor is the bottleneck unless it's defective.

When talking about the CPU, you're referring to the chip (CPU = central processing unit). I'm still looking for an app you can use to diagnose things on your PC. No luck yet.

What does your system log say?

How do I record system logs?

I think its my hard-drive now :P.

Or is it Vista?

Now I know that I'm just sttutering now...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top