Adjusting sensitivity / tweaking in game controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnica

Poster
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
135
Hey folks, I was just wondering two things, firstly what mouse sensitivity do you use?

Also, the other day in the kalt server a clan member mentioned a timing you can adjust on snipers and/or rifles to make them scope faster/slower, providing this isn't considered as cheating, does anyone know what this tweak might be?
And finally, if anyone has any other suggestions on tweaking commands for a new player playing with pretty much just default install settings, I'm all ears!
 
I dont use a mouse(laptop touch pad FTW) So my settings are close too if not maxed out. The scoop trick that was mention is to hit the sprint button along with the right mouse key(if useing defalt) Only works with sniper rifles and the regular rifles tho. Also it is not consider a cheat.
 
lol, that trick with scoping was heavily debated a few months ago, almost everyone in DoD:S got very emotional about it...
I have a Logitech Mx518, which has buttons on it to adjust the sensitivity. I usually just use those which isn't viewable in the game settings.
 
I dont use a mouse(laptop touch pad FTW) So my settings are close too if not maxed out. The scoop trick that was mention is to hit the sprint button along with the right mouse key(if useing defalt) Only works with sniper rifles and the regular rifles tho. Also it is not consider a cheat.

Touch pad? That must be difficult

Btw, I have sensitivity 7,5
 
I normally throw mouse sensitivity at or around 11 or 12. As for sniping I wouldn't know, everyone else is doing it haha.
 
I have a Logitech G5 and I max its DPI settings out to about 2000 then up the in-game sensitivity to 20.

My mouse is extremely sensitive now...it helps on a cluttered desk when there isn't much room to move the mouse.
 
Teriffic, thanks for the info guys, and I have to commend chocolate for using a touch pad, I'd go crazy.
 
I use a Razer Lachesis and max out at 4000 dpi...I keep the ingame settings defaulted regarding sensitivity so I don't screw myself up going from game to game xD And yes I do play that sensitivity =P Go from program to different programs quickly so I accustomed myself to that sensitivity. Drives my friends crazy when they try to use my mouse :3

I think 4000 dpi is equal to maxed out settings in the game settings.
 
my sens is like 2.0...or 2.5....makes for close range shooting more accurate....and long range as well....i dont like it all spastic....:P
 
simplest way is to bind a key to change the mouse sensitivity settings, is to just bind buttons to set the mouse sens. If you want to get more complex... you can have the bind key as a separate script file that only gets triggered when you are a certain class.

For example, lets say u want to make rocket guy's mouse sensitivity to be high, and snipers mouse sensitivity to be very low. Then you can save separate cfg files (one for sniper, one for rocket) where the button u use to zoom (RIght click by default) sets the sensitivity. THe script is ran when you select the specific class, making your right mouse button to do two tasts. One being the regular zooming, and Two being setting the mouse sens. By using "alias" command, make a switcher! and voila

This would be a very elementary script but, biggest caveat would be need to make custom script for every other class that DOES NOT need it! Because if you lets say died as a sniper, then changed class that doesn't need adjustment of mouse_sens... then you'd be screwed with messed up sensitivity for the new class you picked. So you must make script for every class, including the ones you do not want to change the sensitivities of...

have fun changing the cfg files!
 
i use the logitech trackman... its a trackball... i cant stand regular mice mouses w/e anymore it took me like 2 weeks to get use to but after that i swear ill never go back again as for mouse sensitivity i have mine on like 6 or 7 i believe any faster and ill do a 360 on the screen any slower its like a turtle and i use default controls because 99% of all video games are the same controls just one or two buttons differ so no point is changing everything :-) my 2 cents
 
I have a logitech game mouse(M something I belive) It was 3 things on the mouse to do with sensitivty and i set it on the middle one with 5 in game.
 
18 on slow days, 20 when im hyper and on task. I never heard of a faster way to scope, I just point the barrel towards target, adjust when I hit scope, and wham!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top