comp cases

Depends on what kind of PC you're aiming for. What's your budget?

If you intend on running it overnight, and you want it as quiet as possible, then a case that comes with sound dampening/absorbing material and HDD suspension/rubber grommets pre-applied would be your best bet.

The Antec Solo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129018&Tpk=antec solo would make a fine case. Buy a Scythe Slipstream to replace the stock Tri-Cool exhaust, or a Nexus 92mm for the intake. You wont be able to fit cards longer than 10 inches though, unless you're comfortable with cutting a notch in the HDD bay.

If you're not too concerned about noise, the Antec 300: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042&Tpk=antec 300 is a nice 'all-rounder' case. No removable motherboard tray, but there's enough room to work with. Plenty of airflow thanks to the perforated front, plenty of dust too.

Here's a few more, CoolerMaster 590: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119152

CM 690: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

and the Lian-Li A05B: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112130&Tpk=lian li a05b
 
To tell you the truth if your going for gaming i would not go for that Alien Case cause of Airflow the airflow looks really really bad it looks like it would be really hot in there if not on a budget NZXT Tempest with a fan controller :D wich im getting on x-mas day it is called the AirFlowKing
 
Personally, I just built a new computer and I wish I had spent less on a case. I got an Antec Sonata for $100. Its tagline is "legendary silence." Well, maybe it's kinda quiet, but that's because they recommend only running 1 fan and only have room for 2. I ended up sticking a 2 slot fan next to my 4850.

The biggest problem with most "cheap" (<$50) cases is the junky power supply. On my old build, I got a $30-50 case (don't remember exactly) and the PS died in 2 years, I think. If you are going for a "cheap" case, try to get one w/o power and grab a decent PS. The Sonata PS better be going strong in 2+ years.
 
dont buy a case with a power supply buy them seperatly its better that way.

because if your gonna spend quite a bit on your comp you dont want it to be a shitty case that you bought just because you wanted to save money on the combo

unless its a good case and good psu but thats different

your talking about a 50$ combo lol



btw to inducted

ya i got my antec 900 for 70 a while ago not on sale ;-)

but ya its a great case better than the shit ones you`ll get for cheap
 
I've built four computers with the Coolermaster 640 case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137), and as long as they keep making that case, I'll keep using it.

It's got supreme airflow, and slots for 7 fans if you need them; it's open mesh design means that air flows weither you force it or not.

It's very open on the inside, making upgrades/fixes easy and it's got plenty of room for drives (5 external, and room for 5 hard drives, which have my system drive and my RAID 5-4 drive array, in easy slide in brackets.)

And it's quiet enough unless you've got said 7 fans installed... I just have one on the front and one on the back and it keeps cool even though I run it 24/7.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top