Router access point help

H! Vltg3

Poster
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
153
hey guys, i dont know too much about networks and what not. I have a router in my room and everything is fine but in my sister's room, she has 2 PCs and also plays online on her xbox. So I heard about router access points. I have an extra Netgear router and I was thinking I could hook the router up to one of her PCs and than connect it wireless to the router in my room and than connect her other PC and xbox via ethernet to her router. So ya, if anyone knows how I could do this step by step it would be a big help, thanks guy!
 
It depends. I've tried doing this and it's quite iffy. If you can flash your routers to DD-WRT then you can do it. If both routers support wireless bridging maybe you can do it.

Another option is to have 2 wireless cards in one computer, connect each card to separate networks, and then bridge them. That might be easier and might work.
 
I have no clue what DD-WRT is, lol. How can I check if both routers support wireless bridging? And the reason why I want to do this is because I don't want to have to buy two wireless cards, just put the router in the other room and run Ethernet cords to the PCs.
 
DD-WRT is a firmware update for supported routers that greatly increases their capabilities.

To check if your routers support wireless bridging, log in as administrator under each router and look for the option.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top