Cr@sH needs a new headset w/mic

sokO

EGO Addict
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
1,355
It's that time again. Since Saitek totally made me @#$%#$^#@ off with their broken headset..

I need another one. It must:

Be under $80
Very comfortable, NO HOT EARS!
Not cheap junk
Respected company (well known?)
5.1 is optional.
Very sturdy
Be able to last a year or more!
Not from Walmart..
 
I like my headset by Rocketfish. You can find them at BestBuy.

It's been a little more than a year, and the only thing wrong is the plastic "headband" has started to tear a bit. No functionality damage, just cosmetic.

~Gooda~
 
Thanks for the advice Gooda, I would really appreciate someone else respond though. What do you guys think of Steelseries headsets?
 
I've been looking around, too. Possibly one that goes around your neck onto your ears.

I found some good quality ones on eBay pretty cheap.
 
From my reply to this thread.
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58765

In my opinion 5.1 isn't that much better than stereo in a headset.... There simply isn't enough room to distinguish clearly between side/front side/back side. And because they try to cram so many speakers in, the bass isn't as beefy. I use Creative Fatal1ty gaming headset. No problems with them, good bass, fairly inexpensive, detachable mic, in-line volume control, etc. Just my $0.02, just make sure to read reviews before buying.

Recent thread on possible headsets.
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56770
 

Latest posts

Back
Top