Buying Headset

|-NeoN-|

Active Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
361
I'm looking to buy a cheap, but working headset. With headphones and a microphone, nothing to pricey. Any suggestions?
 
Pricey means different things to different people, so I'll suggest...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826502011

Turtle Beach HPA-2 5.1 Surround Sound Headset - 52.99 w/free shipping

You'd be supporting our sponsors and you can buy it through the eGO mall and help support eGO

hope this helps :)

(I just ordered two of these myself; one pair for me and one as a Christmas present)
 
In my opinion 5.1 isn't that much better than stereo in a headset.... There simply isn't enough room to distinguish clearly between side/front side/back side. And because they try to cram so many speakers in, the bass isn't as beefy. I use Creative Fatal1ty gaming headset. No problems with them, good bass, fairly inexpensive, detachable mic, in-line volume control, etc. Just my $0.02, just make sure to read reviews before buying.

Recent thread on possible headsets.
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56770
 
Metro, when I read your post I was thinking it was 2 cents until; I actually read that sentence. =/
 
I use Creative Fatal1ty gaming headset. No problems with them, good bass, fairly inexpensive, detachable mic, in-line volume control, etc. Just my $0.02, just make sure to read reviews before buying.

Recent thread on possible headsets.
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56770

I have the same headset, I absolutely love it. I had a plantronics headset prior to this one. The sound was good but they leaked pretty bad.
 
WOW i didnt realize the fatality was that cheap. maybe its time i upgrade from my radioshack model eh?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top