Vbulletin Question

|-NeoN-|

Active Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
361
I know the option on PHPBB3 and MyBB, the forum software I'm familiar with. But, where, if there is an option to subscribe to forum, so when people make a new topic, I get an e-mail notification.
 
Are you asking how to subscribe to a thread here on one of the eGO forums?

Look at the top of each thread, find "Thread Tools" and click it. Then choose "Subscribe" from the three options.

On the confirmation page, you can choose how to be notified - including e-mail.
 
No, I automatically subscribe to threads I post in. I want to know how to subscribe to an individual section, every forum. I need to know how to subscribe to that so I get an e-mail when a new topic is made.
 
I believe only admins are able to do that link
you can also use the rss: you can subscribe to the rss of the whole forum or just one sub forum, if you want to receive emails, i can help you create a php script that will do take the rss updates and mail it to you
 
Alright Amir. I never took the time to learn php. (learning now,) only simple CSS/HTML.

add trancef0rm on steam.
 
will do, give me a couple of hours to write the script (not at home computer now)
 
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Can be found in "MY SETTINGS" under "OPTIONS"

You cant subscribe to a forum that I know of though. Best bet it to contact a forum leader and ask them if there is anything you are able to do :)
 
sorry for the delay, I've attached the source file. What this script will do is take a RSS url (I've put in the tech forum RSS already) and then take the titles and mail you with links. If you want, I can add timestamps and descriptions. All you need to do to set it up is change two variables: $to and $rssFeed. $to is the email that the update will be sent to and $rssFeed is the url for the RSS feed. So once you upload this file to a server (any will do so long as it supports PHP 5) all you need to do is open it with a browser and the updates will be made. If you want it to happen on a regular basis, you need a linux based server
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top