HL2, I can't play it??

firesnake63

I made one post
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
7
Ok i need help...i get on Half-Life 2 and I start a new game and when it's about done loading it restarts my computer... Help please?:mad:
 
Does your computer restart completely or does your monitor go into standby and you computer stay on?
 
Does your computer restart completely or does your monitor go into standby and you computer stay on?

Weird you would say that. I had that same problem. I had to turn off VPU recover on my ATI card.
 
Well, please try to re-state your problem and put your post more in depth.

Is your firewall blocking Hl2.exe?
 
Ditto on providing more detail.

And have you loading Service Pack 1?

And what does Event Viewer say when you crash?
 
Thx guys... idk if a firewall is blocking it, ill have to ask my dad about that, after all he did build my computer...And when it restarts well umm.... When u click New Game and it shows the chapters but u have to click new game and the little steam loading bar pops up, when it reaches the end of the bar then my monitor goes black for a sec......then my Whole computer restarts.......
 
What does Event Viewer say happens on your PC when it crashes?

(Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer)
 
Well, he didn't explain what happened to well. I think he means it just minimizes or closes counter-strike because it's blocked.
 
Not from what I am hearing. If he is having a system restart, he needs to check his graphics settings. That is usually the issue.
 
I find it somewhat funny that usually what ends up happening here is someone posts an obscure, vague, detail-lacking question and we spend a whole bunch of time trying to guess the problem and help them, and they never reply... :-?
 
I find it somewhat funny that usually what ends up happening here is someone posts an obscure, vague, detail-lacking question and we spend a whole bunch of time trying to guess the problem and help them, and they never reply... :-?

QFT.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top