You map differs from the games map error!

Cigarjohn

EGO Zealot
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
1,610
I found the solution that has been driving me insane. Everytime I tried to load up certain pubs, I would get disconnected and an error message would appear saying that my map differs from the games map.

So after a little research I found the fix.

1) Go to your Steam Games List.

2) Right click the game your having problems with.

3) Choose "Properties" at the bottom of the list.

4) Choose "Local Files".

5) Choose "Verify Integrity of game cache".

This process should take 30 minutes to a little over an hour to complete. Depending on how lagre the game is.

Then when all is done, choose "Defragment cache file".


From then on, everything should work properly.

I make a note to do this feature and defrag my game files once every 6 months as a precaution. It would suck if you entered the TF2 tournament on December 21, 2008 and if you made it to the second round, you would get this error message.

So be prepared. With all these Steam Updates, something is bound to get corrupted.


And one more thing: "Try to get in the habbit to back-up all your game files"! You can find this feature under the "Local Files" section where you used the defrag and verify function. It should be the very first selection.


I hope this little insight helps someone out. It has for me.


Take care and have a peaceful holiday!
 
another option is to go into the folder for maps in your problematic steam games and delete the one that is causing an issue. You will then end up redownloading the map from the server and it should work.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top