CS:S Crashes computer, no error messages

CroutonsofDeath{RD}

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
1,067
This one has been plaguing me for awhile.

CS:S Crashes my computer, no blue screen, no error messages, just a few seconds of skipping noises before my computer resets itself and it doesn't even give me that screen that windows gives you if it didn't shut down correctly. This happens if I play CS:S more than a minute :( Even after reformatting my entire computer and reinstalling the game several times, it happens. It's only happened the past 3 or 4 months.

Computer specs:
Windows XP Home
Pentium 4 3.2 ghz
4 gb DDRRam
512 mb ATI Radeon x1650 AGP
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value
 
Um, well, I've seen several of these the past few weeks, and I had a terrible time with it. I have an ATI card and I had to disable VPU recover in the Catalyst control panel. It's worked so far... good luck!

My monitor would go blank, then the power light would flash as if the computer were off. The sound would loop for a while and I had to reset the computer. This happened a ton of times in HL2 and a few times in Portal and TF2. Unfortunately, I pretty much play ONLY TF2 now, so I'm not sure if it fixed the problem or not, but I think it did.
 
If you were to type the command devmgmt.msc into a console or run menu. Does everything look good? Is there any icons with questions marks or the color red?

devmgmt.msc
 

Latest posts

Back
Top