A xmas story DoD style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PotatoCannon

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
1,519
A true story in the World Wars. (played by made up people)

(boom boom)
*whistle*
"charge!"
*gun fire*
*bodies fall*
*silence*

Private hilion: Why has it stopped?
Major Jotul: It's christmas.
Private hilion: *thinks* It is christmas!
German: *calls out* Yankees what are you eating for christmas?
Major Jotul: *answers* Dirt and mud, you?
German: Same here...*throws something*
Private Hilion: GET DOWN
....plop......*nothing*
Major Jotul: *picks it up* Smokes? *hands them out* Thanks Kiaser.
Anyone got something we can give back?
Private Hilion: Here take what's left of my ale.
"throws"
German: *cheer* Thank you on this day of cheer!
Major Jotul: You know what private...this is a free day and I do miss football...
*and 36 men from the trenchs rose and followed Major in No mans zone*
German: I don't think your...
*31 germans rise and come to middle to"
Major Jotul: Well football? *Takes out a rock" Well no football cant play that...how bout american football then?
*cheers*

They played that day knowing the next day they would fight.
On christmas let all your quarrels be forgotten, let all your fights be post pouned, Just give and take in cheer.

note: The men that played that day turned into almost 200 men at the end and playing American football.
 
I know something if the sort is true, I don't know the exact story though. One note: the real thing happened in WWI, the war of the trenches. That means it's not really DoD related since DoD is set in WWII ;)
 
I thought this actually took place during the Marne in 1917, I remember watching something on the History channel during WWI the soldiers refused to fight on Christmas and instead spent the day having a good time, while the officers would wander the other side's trenches to gain information.
 
There is a great movie about these fraternizations:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyeux_Noël

merrychristmasfilmposteax7.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top