Database error

sokO

EGO Addict
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
1,355
Sometimes, not every time, I get a database error on our site. I am wondering if this should be more of a pm rather than a thread, but it is late tonight and I will add more tomorrow if necessary.

Basically, I can click on any random thread and I guess a 1/10 chance that I get a database error, the same error when the site crashed about a 2 weeks ago. However, clicking back on my browser, then forward usually fixes the problem. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks for your time.
 
a database error is a server side problem. I'm guessing this is a unix server running PHP and MySQL (too lazy to check) so the database error is not really something that is your fault. However, since it seems to be just you who has this problem, I'm going to take a guess and say that it is something to do with your input: it can really be anything (anything you input to the site) However, to be certain, you need the error logs. I'm certain that VB sends error reports to the admin so whoever the admin is, PM him and ask about it, he should be able to tell you the problem or if you send me the error report, i can tell you. By error report I don't mean what you see when you get the database error page, but what the admin gets, simlar to this:
Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
blahblahblah

mysql error: Duplicate entry 'OLD1-1' for key 2

mysql error number: 1062

Date: Friday 27th of August 2004 03:52:19 PM
Script: http://www.xxxxxxx.com/admincp/template.php
Referer: http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/admincp/te...64&dostyleid=1
Username: Amir
IP Address: 81.6.xxx.xx
 

Latest posts

Back
Top