Stesm won't launch?

Kibo

Thread Junky
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
812
Greetings

So today when I turned on my computer, I got a black screen with a lil white underscore in the top left corner for a while, so I restarted it. Then when it did work, whenever I launched steam, I would get the "Steam account connecting" rectangle. The cnacel button would fade saying it was almost done, but it would never come up, and that little square would go away. When I restarted my comp, it did the same thing. So I closed out Steam, and now when I click on it, it won't launch at all. I'm running a virus scan now just in case. Does anyoen know what's going on?
 
One time my computer crashed while Steam was running. It would never connect after that. I had to reinstall Steam.
 
Wait - Are we talking about a game that's not running when clicked on? Or are we talking about Steam itself (the client app) not starting when clicked?

If you're trying to start the Steam client application, then we're likely talking about likely having to do a delete and reinstallation of the Steam client. If we're talking about a game within Steam not starting, you still might need to reinstall, but doing the other things - deleting the blob file, checking game integrity, and defragging game files, are all worthwhile to do first.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top