Most messed up router ever...

iamchi001

Rookie
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
35
I have spent the last day at my moms friend's house. They live in a big metropolitan area so I was like,"high speed DSL whoot!", so I bring my laptop. Lets just say it was a christmas miracle that I even got this thread posted. This router is terrible, not only are its speed not really that great, but it also litterally loses all connection every 2 minutes or so. Its like clockwork, connected, unconnected, connected, unconnected...

I told the owners of said router that they should by their own since AT&T sent a 2wire? or something. My internet is quite a bit behind DSL speeds but my linksys router loads pages just fine all the way across my house.
 
When my brother got Bellsouth/AT&T DSL last year, he bought himself a DSL router on Newegg. It was a Netgear rated for 10mb down, 1mb up. It actually got better speeds than the Westell they initially sent.

EDIT: I think what you are actually referring to is the modem with a built-in router, which is what I described my brother getting.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top