Ad Problems - Possible virus?

Alright i just took mine out,Zonealarm And yes i like this one
Thanks Anthemjack
 
Thanks a lot guys, but earlier today I was talking to a very smart person named, "Lafinass." I am sure you all have heard of him, and he helped me out a lot. I have since reformatted everything yet I still have unanswered questions which will never be answered.

My problem is gone, and me and Lafinass have come to the conclusion that this thing cannot be removed by any ordinary virus scanner. My suggestions to people who think they have this is to reformat or seek professional help, if you are not one yourself. If you don't think you need to do one of the two, make sure to think again. You probably did not have the same thing I did.

Peace, and shoutout to GardenGrove, blizbiggy, and Lafinass for their help.
 
dude i just said i had the same thing.

to answer your unanswered questions:

the attachment is from maleware bytes and i added some from avast

what you had (aswell as i) was a crap load of Trojans. there was a fake windows security center where the "anti spyware 2008" was really installed not in the programs folder. the pop up thing was a .dll that was located in either ie or firefox's directory that also redirected.

to late now but its good to reformat windows every now and then
 
Cr@sH and IllLegend, I'm glad to see you guys got your stuff back up and running. That Anti-Virus 200x is a particularly crafty one. I've had to remove it from, oh, about 5 computers so far.

As far as AV software the only one I will NOT recommend is any Norton product. Their protection software has a nasty habit of sinking its claws so deep that you can't easily get rid of it. They actually offer a separate removal utility for when their own uninstaller fails.

Unfortuantely Cr@sH, it looks like you did have a rootkit on your system, and as Lafin pointed out, you generally have to remove these by hand and have to be extremely familiar with the ins and outs of Windows. It's not easy to do even for a professional, and in fact, I generally just format any of our office machines that get a rootkit, just to be sure. Either way, glad to see that you got it all fixed now.
 
Last edited:
Cr@sH and IllLegend, I'm glad to see you guys got your stuff back up and running. That Anti-Virus 200x is a particularly crafty one. I've had to remove it from, oh, about 5 computers so far.

As far as AV software the only one I will NOT recommend is any Norton product. Their protection software has a nasty habit of sinking its claws so deep that you can't easily get rid of it. They actually offer a separate removal utility for when their own uninstaller fails.

Unfortuantely Cr@sH, it looks like you did have a rootkit on your system, and as Lafin pointed out, you generally have to remove these by hand and have to be extremely familiar with the ins and outs of Windows. It's not easy to do even for a professional, and in fact, I generally just format any of our office machines that get a rootkit, just to be sure. Either way, glad to see that you got it all fixed now.

All is well now. A reformat also cured another problem I had, which I won't go into detail. *Lafinass knows about this*

This thread can be locked. On a side note, I have reinstalled all of my games. I'm back at 100%. Not that 99% bs.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top