- Joined
- Dec 7, 2007
- Messages
- 411
I'll be edititng and updating as I make progress..
Starts out with:
Evga 780i
E6750 w/ ultra 120 cooler and scythe sFlex fan.
8gb OCZ Reaper 1066
2x 8800 GT SSC in SLI
150gb Raptor
750gb Samsung Spinpoint
Asus DVDr
Asus DVD rom
Linksys wireless N PCI card
Soundblaster Fata1ty card.
XP Pro
So I finally got all 8gb of my memory in, and I decide to run Vista 64 ultimate. I've had the discs here for over a year, and never cared for it. I figure why not, its matured enough.
I install my new OCZ memory
Toss in Vista Ultimate upgrade..
It blue screens, upon restart booting to Vista DVD. I figure lemmie update bios.
Updated to P08 Bios.
Blue screens still...
Clear Cmos, restore to defualts
Blue screen.....
*sigh*
I google the BSOD error, could be my SLI configuration, too much ram, or I didn't seat the modules correctly.
Well computer still boots into XP, so ram is fine.
I try my Vista Ulitimate FULL Version DVD a few times. Still Blue screens.
I rip out 2 sticks of the 4 install of Ram
Blue Screens.
I read that some Vista installs will have a hard time with over 2gb.
I rip out the 3rd one, leaving one 2gb stick.
No blue screen.......

Everything goes smoothly, Its a clean install from an upgrade dvd.
Here come the updates,
500+Mb of updates for the first round. Takes about 2 hours + WTF kind of update server is this.....
Restarted...
3 more updates. Keep in mind these are NON-Device Driver updates. I'll be doing thoes last. Restating now...
1 More update.....
Installing Fresh Nvidia EVGA drivers for 780i
Activation Successfull *phew*
Re-instered remaining 3 sticks of ram for total of 8gb... SUCCESSFUL!
Starts out with:
Evga 780i
E6750 w/ ultra 120 cooler and scythe sFlex fan.
8gb OCZ Reaper 1066
2x 8800 GT SSC in SLI
150gb Raptor
750gb Samsung Spinpoint
Asus DVDr
Asus DVD rom
Linksys wireless N PCI card
Soundblaster Fata1ty card.
XP Pro
So I finally got all 8gb of my memory in, and I decide to run Vista 64 ultimate. I've had the discs here for over a year, and never cared for it. I figure why not, its matured enough.
I install my new OCZ memory
Toss in Vista Ultimate upgrade..
It blue screens, upon restart booting to Vista DVD. I figure lemmie update bios.
Updated to P08 Bios.
Blue screens still...
Clear Cmos, restore to defualts
Blue screen.....
*sigh*
I google the BSOD error, could be my SLI configuration, too much ram, or I didn't seat the modules correctly.
Well computer still boots into XP, so ram is fine.
I try my Vista Ulitimate FULL Version DVD a few times. Still Blue screens.
I rip out 2 sticks of the 4 install of Ram
Blue Screens.
I read that some Vista installs will have a hard time with over 2gb.
I rip out the 3rd one, leaving one 2gb stick.
No blue screen.......

Everything goes smoothly, Its a clean install from an upgrade dvd.
Here come the updates,
500+Mb of updates for the first round. Takes about 2 hours + WTF kind of update server is this.....
Restarted...
3 more updates. Keep in mind these are NON-Device Driver updates. I'll be doing thoes last. Restating now...
1 More update.....
Installing Fresh Nvidia EVGA drivers for 780i
Activation Successfull *phew*
Re-instered remaining 3 sticks of ram for total of 8gb... SUCCESSFUL!
Last edited:












