Upgrading...;

-Jv-

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
2,159
I will upgrade my system in a week (or two) with this

-Asus P5Q-e
-2x2GB OCZ Platinum 1066MHz
-Intel E8400
-Sapphire 4870 x2

My question is, is that a good mobo for the 4870x2 or not ?
 
Last edited:
I think you should use 1200MHz RAM since your motherboard's RAM standard is DDR2 1200. Also, I think that's a pretty good board for the 4870 X2. How about upgrading to a Core i7? :D
 
I think you should use 1200MHz RAM since your motherboard's RAM standard is DDR2 1200. Also, I think that's a pretty good board for the 4870 X2. How about upgrading to a Core i7? :D

Maybe 1200MHz ram, but core i7 is too expensive for what it is rightnow, i'm gonna wait till there are some 'mainstream' versions of the core i7

and i7 is overrated, you don't get much profit in gaming....
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
what happened with your old rig? ill take it off your hands if you dont want it lol
 
what happened with your old rig? ill take it off your hands if you dont want it lol

selling... You wouldn't want it :p :

-Asus M2N SLi
-2x 8600GT Club 3D OC Edition
-2x 1GB Kingston HyperX 667MHz
-AMD Ahtlon x2 6400+
 
selling... You wouldn't want it :p :

-Asus M2N SLi
-2x 8600GT Club 3D OC Edition
-2x 1GB Kingston HyperX 667MHz
-AMD Ahtlon x2 6400+

trust me, that sounds perfect lol i dont have the cash, or else id be interested
 
Hey! I have that very board right now! Can't wait to my i7 machine!

I know why :D

Edit: I'm gonna wait for the introduction of the GTX 295, so prices will drop for the 4870x2 =) But i'll get it :D
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top