cod4 crashes on startup

Endiment

Baron O'Beefdip
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
3,596
so I got this new sound card (which, by the way, absolutely ransacked my computer and broke EVERYTHING) and now my cod4 crashes immediately whenever I try to run it. the card I got is an ESI Juli@. normally I'd just mess with the settings in cod4 to make it work (that's what I did to my legions of other broken software) but since cod4 won't open that isn't a viable option. ideas?
 
Ok... sound card.... do you get this error? iw3mp.exe has stopped working?

If your game shows no error just get a black screen, back to desktop, 1 - make sure all firewall is shut down, heres how to do that:

Right click on My Computer> click Manage> double click services and applications> double click services> Scroll down to Windows firewall> make sure it doesnt say started> also check windows defender> NOTE: you may want to turn these back on when not playing the game... your personal preferance.

2. If your getting the black screen or instant shut down without any error do as follows>

Right click on your cod4 desktop link> Click properties> Click compatibility tab at top > check the run as administrator button.> click apply.

Now when you start game it will ask for permition, but atleast you get to play.

If you do get an error message, please post what your error message is.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top