Shopping for Anti-Virus

Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
569
Hello eGO. My brother is in the market for a new Anti-Virus program. Turns out his old one expired and much to his dismay a worm has already infected his computer. So I figured I'd ask the largest brain trust of computer literate folks what is the "best" Anti-Virus program out there, that isn't an industrial strength $300 job or something like that.
 
I use Avast! Antivirus. It is free and does a great job.

As for pay-for security suites, ZoneAlarm and Kaspersky are the best.
 
NOD32 it was on sale on newegg for 10 bucks from 30-40 i think. If you have an account with newegg you can notify you when it will be on sale again. I just started using it. Seems to work just fine. I have used AVG before also Bitdefender
 
BitDefender, Kaspersky or NOD32.................PERIOD!!!!!!

Anyone that has AVG seems to have forgotten the "retardation" (if you dont mind me saying) of the AVG Labs and their releases of virus definitions...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/AVG-Faulty-Update-Leaves-Computers-Unbootable-97766.shtml

http://news.softpedia.com/news/AVG-Tags-Adobe-Flash-Player-as-Malware-97976.shtml

After those two incidents, i have lost ALL respect for AVG, too many false positives on *cough* downloads *cough*, and overall just useless

PS: I've used AVG IS 2k9, so no one try to say that i havent, i HAVE, i'm back to NOD32, only because Kaspersky lags my games just a bit more than eset, bitdefender.. well... its great protection, but uses a bit too many resources...

Simply put:
+1 NOD32 / ESET Smart Security Suite
+1 Kaspersky
+1 Bitdefender
-(insert infinity here) AVG
 

Latest posts

Back
Top