how to breach a room

You should get a couple actors together and record in game sequences to show the right way and wrong way.

Picture this:

You have run into the middle of the room [Close-up of Jar-Head behind the couch] but you should have cleared the room first [Pause camera just as you are in Koshi's crosshairs]

[Headline 'Break, bang and clear... FAIL]
 
When should I use this tactic?

This tactic is supposed to represent a standard room clearing tactic used my military/special forces and/or swat teams. The idea is that everyone going in the door knows their role in clearing the room based on what number they are in line. Since they know where THEY would be as any other person in line, they know where the other people on their team will be when they go in the room. Knowing this information allows them to clear the room faster, safer and most importantly, without a friendly fire incident. Effectively deployed the actual tactic would be most beneficial as an in-game tactic as well.
 
I would be happy to help produce this. We will need:

Tactics Counsel (Maybe a fourm post for everyone to nail down what tactics and methods we should study)

Tactics Advisor (Someone to lay out the lessons to be shot)

Script Writer(s) (anyone for a latenight vent brainstorm?)

Director
Actors
Extras

Editor(s)

Anything else? Maybe we need to move this to a new thread?
 
Why dont I just make one that shows you all how its done in real life? I did this every day clearing houses in Iraq.
 
So we had a mini brainstorming session on the vent server today. Here is some of what we came up with.

Assignments (Totally tentative, again, just brainstorming):
Director - Kingback (cause he says he can tell us what funny is)
Editor - Jarhead (he has a good non-linear editing setup)
Sets - JJBtch

Actors/voice talent:
Grandpa+ (Family Guy) - kingback
Boratt/Ali G/Insurgent - Khorowshah

So the idea so far seemed to be that we should make this funny, like Red Vs Blue. I'm thinking a funny intro for each tactic to be explained, and lots of clips of noobs doing stuff that we have all done/seen. I'm thinking each tactic video should be 60 seconds or so.

Required Elements:
Bennie Hill Music, with Fastforward FF scene.
Boneheads
Titanic Music

Keep your ideas rolling in, I am reporting all ideas I get so lets throw it all against the wall and see what sticks.

Still looking for the tactics advisory panel. If you are very experienced in real life of just a hardened gamer, and a ranking member here, please drop a note so we can get started on the meat of this lesson
 
Last edited:
LLNL_Energy_Chart300.jpg

LOL WES! :eek: That just made me laugh :p
I'd say a youtube video makes more sense than anything involving paint or copy and pasting a general electricity output/input chart LOL
 
You don't need to make a video, watch this series from the 270th MP Co's SRT
team. I was on SRT for 12 years and can tell you he is passing on great info.

Catch a good learn on.

start with:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTQxjNR6byg[/ame]

then the rest of the series.
http://www.youtube.com/user/seddioj

Pure experience talking to you there.

And when you guys are ready, I'll show you how to use this in the game itself.
 
I like the vid the only thing I was trying to do was to give an over head view Ill try and work on it this weekend
 
It sounds as if your energy level is about right on... problem , as is spoken about in the linked video, is that the situation, terrain and personnel are all "Dynamic". There is no "you were supposed to go left etc etc" It is about forcibly entering an area and having the sense to do it systematically. Rarely is a room perfectly square, nor is is free of obstruction or threat areas such as closets and cubby holes. It is easy to assume that there is a set order but there really isn't, it is all about coverage. This will be included in the training syllabus that I will be submitting to Capt. Wes and Hammer shortly.
 
the vids good but i have a feeling were not going to be able to use all the marines to breach a building like they were. There were 10 marines, doesnt quite work with a team of 16
 
Ah young padawan... ten you will have... but take ten it will not!

The whole idea is of being dynamic and adapting to an ever changing
environment. Fluid motion through an objective is the goal. How that
is achieved is up to the members of that team. The great thing about
Insurgency is that it allows us to employ real world tactics to a simulated
situation. Hang in there, the how to's are coming.
 
the vids good but i have a feeling were not going to be able to use all the marines to breach a building like they were. There were 10 marines, doesnt quite work with a team of 16

You don't really need all 16 to clear a room do you?Just get 6-8 for one room,it should work good.
 
It really doesn't take 6-8. 4 max to clear a room safely. I was in the army and I did a little studying on special tactics like these. I am definatly not a professional but from what I know I do agree with SCSwat. He knows what he is talking about. Oh and SCSwat, I went along a few times with the SRT Team at Fort Wainwright, AK...very fun stuff. That simpaint HURTS like a mofo lol. Had some good times up there training with you guys. "Killed" a few of you too.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top