Security Suite

B man

Thread Thumper
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
1,026
I will be getting a new PC in a month or 2 and would just like some feedback on witch security suite is best. I am currently using bit defender internet security 2008 and it's working ok for me but is there something better out there? I prefer something that uses little system resources. Thanks! :)
 
Ive heard nothing but good things about AVG so I downloaded it tonight because NORTON STINKS!!!

So far so good.
 
kaspersky, best hands down.

doesn't play well with other security things. but its like locking down yo pc with chuck Norris and the Chinese army at hand.
 
For an effective registry scanner (you can do a whole system scan too), I recommend Malwarebytes anti-malware, you can get it for free, its light-weight, and extremely effective.
 
For an effective registry scanner (you can do a whole system scan too), I recommend Malwarebytes anti-malware, you can get it for free, its light-weight, and extremely effective.

Yeah I just installed Malwarebytes like 2 weeks ago. I will use that and spybot search and destroy and adaware to complement my security suite.
 
AVG Free is the best free AV out there, hands down. If you'd like to pay for something, I'd recommend Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. I've used that, Bitdefender, and NOD32, and I like Kaspersky the best. Bitdefender is a resource hog, and barely customizable, and NOD32 is extremely lightweight, but doesn't catch everything. Kaspersky is fairly lightweight, and very customizable. :)
 
I am using NOD32, its probably the best but you need to pay.

If you want to go free I heard AVG and avast give excellent results.

Comodo firewall is supposed to be very good too but I'm not a fan of firewalls so I just stick with windows firewall + D-Link router.

You can get the entire Eset smart security suite which includes a firewall :)
 
Yeah while I was reading up and this stuff I see that the new Zone Alarm security suite uses Kaspersky for the anti virus side of things. I would probably get that but my new PC will be 64bit and they only have a beta version for it. I am sort of leaning for Kaspersky but I just wish it was cheaper.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top